OOPS!

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Sep 15 2004, 11:56 AM
I should point out that I will soon be a medic student myself. I like to attempt to interp rythms. So that is what i mean by "Play".
If you want to do yourself a favor, get a basic cardiology book and learn it before medic class starts. Then you'll have a leg up on the competition and know some of the basics before you go in there.

I like to "play" by taking my own ECG and showing medics and seeing if they notice my "u" wave and flip out. Most don't notice... kinda scary.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Even though I can't "officially" interpret rhythms, I did have a physiology class in college where we learned to interpret ECGs and even had a 12-lead hooked up to us. While I can't interpret everything, I do recognize most of the common ones (sinus, V-tach, SVT).

Our AED does have an ECG display and runs a strip, so I like to look at them after any calls and generally have somewhat of an idea of what was going on.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Just an update:

My patient had a pacemaker installed that day at the hospital, and was released yesterday. He is already back at work and back playing golf!

Guess the extra aspirin didn't hurt him at all.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by rescuelt@Sep 15 2004, 06:43 PM
I like to "play" by taking my own ECG and showing medics and seeing if they notice my "u" wave and flip out. Most don't notice... kinda scary.
I would like to see that strip myself

And congrats on the Pt. issue ffemt8978