NREMT new patch survey

Hal9000

Forum Captain
I was rather hoping for pink with unicorns.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere

mycrofft

Skip the patch and go with a nice shiny BADGE

Ooooooooooo, Sparklies!!
Little-Mermaid-11-web.jpg

"Dead as a friggerzoid".

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Kinda surprise since the NREMT acclaims to hate the wording "certify" and has been pushing for license level. YES there is a difference! Yes it should have the wording Registered and for Paramedic WITHOUT the wording EMT on it since Paramedics will no longer have the title EMT prior and remove the stigma of technician.

Gold is the appropriate color as the sigificance of the higher level, sorry that is traditional and recognized. The rocker is the standard NREMT has had for decades until the recent crappy patches that was re-designed.

I as well wish they would go back to making one have at least 6 months experience before obtaining patches and certificates. It was more significant when one was able to obtain and wear the patch...

R/r 911

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
Are we serious?

The NREMT-P Patch is a joke. It looks like something out of a fashion show and means nothing. I take my state patch over it, any day. I throw the NREMT-P patch in a drawer with the rest.

The new ones look worse then the old ones. One day the NREMT-P will start to become professional and stop trying to have nice shiny objects, to attract attention.

People, it is a testing agency and nothing more. Value your education, not a test!

Sorry for the rant, But come on. Who cares what the pretty patch looks like.:rolleyes:

NREMT is the closest thing we have to a national licensing body and in my opinion SHOULD not only be A licensing body, but the ONLY licensing body. It's not about the patch. It's about EMS finally starting to defragment a bit and come together as a profession.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
...when their company allows it (see Linuss' comment).

You know because two extra letters behind the name mean so much in a profession known for 'patch collecting' and certification collecting. Right?

Actually EMS is the only career field I have been in (other than research) I feel ANY loyalty to (why do you think I stick around here?). Technically, any career field is "just a job". It only becomes a career when you either can not or will not leave it, be it by choice or situation.

I won't even comment on companies that don't allow it...

It's not the two extra letters behind the name... it's the fact that there are any letters behind the name at all. I'm one of the few EMT-Basics I know who, on official documents, signs with "EMT-B" behind my name. If we're going to be professional, it's time to start being proud of our professional credentials.

And as for "just a job", that was my nice way of trying to get around saying that the only ones who complain about it are basics, volunteers, or firefighters for fear of igniting another one of those never-ending arguments.

reaper

Working Bum
NREMT is the closest thing we have to a national licensing body and in my opinion SHOULD not only be A licensing body, but the ONLY licensing body. It's not about the patch. It's about EMS finally starting to defragment a bit and come together as a profession.

That would be nice, except NREMT is not a Licensing body. They are a certifying body. That means you took a test and nothing more. If they ever become a Licensing body, then maybe it would be worth the paper it is on.

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
That would be nice, except NREMT is not a Licensing body. They are a certifying body. That means you took a test and nothing more. If they ever become a Licensing body, then maybe it would be worth the paper it is on.

So why don't we push for that?

mycrofft

"Five is four"

Until you can win enough support then wield enough power, EMT's will never be a "profession", although some EMT's are the most professional people possible.

Whenever something serious comes up, they just replace the bothersome ones, or distract them with a new "sparklie".

Your patch/logo will be worthwhile and respected when it doesn't look like part of a costume from "The Pirates of Penzance", and it is painted on a few hundred picket signs outside AMR's corporate offices.

Or make your own:
emt_1.jpg

JonTullos

Forum Captain
If the NREMT wants to call us Certified, we are then certified.. They are the group that oversees us. they can call us what they want.

I think all of our patches should have "Ambulance" on them. that would separate us from those miss prissy, ER people.. We are the ones rolling around in the ditch in waist deep water. we are the ones that get woke up with the tones (and our spouses). We are Ambulance staff...

1983 called, they want their patch back. ;)

atropine

Forum Captain
Who care the nremt patch sucks, I had to wear that hiddeous thing when I worked for emsa in Tulsa, and some peice of crap little badge too. Why don't companies make their own patch or county or whatever and get rid of the whole nremt patch all together.

mycrofft

Nice horsie

:deadhorse::deadhorse:

medic91

Forum Ride Along
When do these new patches begin circulating? Also how about the acronym change (NREMT-P --> NRP) Is this what new paramedics are getting now?

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
When do these new patches begin circulating? Also how about the acronym change (NREMT-P --> NRP) Is this what new paramedics are getting now?

look at the date of the thread