NRB Flow Rate

Veneficus

Forum Chief
You don't seem to have a good opinion of doctors, hospitals or anybody associated with them..

I am not really sure where such an extreme statement comes from. Are you really naive enough to think that Doctors or any other healthcare career doesn't have substandard providers?

That everyone is equal in their attitude and ability?

I am actually rather fond of doctors, but I know enough about medicine to realize that it is not the promised land. Many people (and especially you) might be surprised that the limits and faults of medicine are as much a part of medical education as chemistry or any other subject we study.

EMS is not the end all for all medicine. Linuss who has a certificate as a Paramedic and a few months of experience on a BLS transfer truck is not the highest standard of medicine. From some of the talk on this forum you would think a few would want to get past that level.

I never suggested EMS was the end all for medicine. What I was trying to state was that a competent provider in their environment is superior to an incompetent or apathetic provider in the same.

You maybe surprised to discover that a paramedic with the tools and technology available to them can make less grevious errors than somebody with an unlimited license to practice medicine. Unless you consider home propofol treatment a standard of care beneficial for the late Michael Jackson.

I do not have a high opinion of any provider or institution that engages in substandard care and feels comfortble with it or even finds it acceptable.

In regards to community hospitals, I have seen a definite pattern of such behavior. It was also pointed out in one of my classes about 4 years ago that doctors outside of the academic setting are less likely to change their practices as medicine advances and that we as new physicians should be constantly aware of that and seek to not fall into the same complacency in order to better serve patients.

Sometimes we just need reminding of that responsibility and not all who are not EMTs or Paramedics should be banished..

It is still my opinion poor or apathetic providers should be banished. It doesn't matter if it is a doctor or a the most minimally trained aid.

There are many , many good doctors, nurses and hospitals that do enforce a higher standard of care. Again, medicine doesn't just stop with EMS.

Nor does it start or stop with the hospital or a docotor or any other overzealous ancillary provider. Medicine starts with the patient. Before he/she gets sick and ends with the same.

Last edited by a moderator: