nols ems training

patrick

Forum Ride Along
Hey all,
I have not posted for a while. I thought I had all my questions out. I have now realized as I enter into the world of emt life I will probably keep buggering everyone here for a while. :blush:

In any case, I have not certification now. I was planning to go to my community college to get certified as a emt basic. I took the prerequisite ( cpr for the proffesional rescuer -through red cross) and met some folks who are doing the nols emt widerness course-below is the link if anyone is curious

http://www.nols.edu/wmi/courses/wemt.shtml

being prone to playing outdoors a lot, it seems only sensible that I do this course instead of the one I was going to do in CA. I have a couple concerns<_<
It is insanely epensive.I could get over that espcially if I felt that it was a solid training program. It prepares you to take the national test.
Would every state then require me to take their test and more classes?? Or do some states just accept the national certification for emt basic? and how does the emt wilderenss work. Could I then get a job as an emt in or around a national park??
Has any one heard of this program? Would any body reccomend this program?Has any one done this program??

Thanks in advance for all your help!:rolleyes: