NHTSA 1st Responder?????? (also in training forum)

sp121988

Forum Probie
Ive been looking everywhere and i cant seem to find anywhere to take the 1st responder course (im an explorer and in order to use 1 of the post's ATVs or transport capable (no back board, just a stryker cot) golf carts, u have to be a 1st responder) noone in my post is anything above ARC 1st aid cert. and the leader wants me to be the first to get cert. I NEED HELP FINDING THIS COURSE A S A P

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Not sure what is going on in Mass, but in my state the First Resp. program is currently out of fashion. The training program for first responder is about the same length as EMT. So most departments would rather cert their members as EMT's since they get more bang for their buck.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Ive been looking everywhere and i cant seem to find anywhere to take the 1st responder course (im an explorer and in order to use 1 of the post's ATVs or transport capable (no back board, just a stryker cot) golf carts, u have to be a 1st responder) noone in my post is anything above ARC 1st aid cert. and the leader wants me to be the first to get cert. I NEED HELP FINDING THIS COURSE A S A P

Check with a local Red Cross chapter. They might have the First Responder course. Out here, it's a prerequisite course.