Newbie is already taken, so I'll go with Bambi

Learn2Live

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums, and this is my first post.

I recently decided that EMT is something that I would like to get into. I've thought about it off and on for a few years now, but I've finally made up my mind. I know that, for now, at least, this can be done part time. And that would be ideal, because I do want to finish college.

I've been reading through some of the threads about training (that job description of an EMT in Bubs thread was great, and sounds like an amazing job:lol:), and I have been looking into the New England Emergency Medical Service Institute in NH. I also saw someone suggest a ride-along. I was wondering how I might go about that?

Thanks!

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Welcome; you've picked a great place to learn about EMS, EMT's of all persuasions (-B, -I, -P, and whatever our Canadian and international friends are called), and everything else that comes with the job. Ask questions, read everything, and come back often :rolleyes:

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
Welcome! Where are you going to college?

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome!!! I must be COLD in your neck of the woods!!!:)

OP
OP
L

Learn2Live

Forum Ride Along
Well, It's been pretty warm.

That is, of course, not including the last two days. Fifty defgree weather off and on, a rather sunny Dec. 25, and now, 20's and 30's. It's the kind of place you love to hate :)

I'm currently in community college in Nashua, NH, and hoping to transfer into Chester College of Fine Art, about 40 minutes north of me. As far as my EMS training goes, I have my sights on NEEMSI in Manchester. They offer a 160 hour course in EMT-Basic. I'm waiting for them to call me back-_- I'm going to try again Monday.

And thank you for the warm welcome (I can certainly use it up here)!

Last edited by a moderator:

Epi-do

I see dead people
Good luck with school and welcome to the forum! I also wanted to comment about the line in your signature. It sounds really familiar to me, and I want to say it is from The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Universe. Is that right?

OP
OP
L

Learn2Live

Forum Ride Along
100% correct!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, It's been pretty warm.

That is, of course, not including the last two days. Fifty defgree weather off and on, a rather sunny Dec. 25, and now, 20's and 30's. It's the kind of place you love to hate :)

I'm currently in community college in Nashua, NH, and hoping to transfer into Chester College of Fine Art, about 40 minutes north of me. As far as my EMS training goes, I have my sights on NEEMSI in Manchester. They offer a 160 hour course in EMT-Basic. I'm waiting for them to call me back-_- I'm going to try again Monday.

And thank you for the warm welcome (I can certainly use it up here)!
It got down to 28 degrees last night, it froze the water hoses and the tub garden!