(NC) EMT Refresher question and refresher in general

RunnerD1987

Forum Crew Member
Hi, I have 16 hour skills day coming up next weekend. I haven't practiced or been in the field as an EMT. I did finish the online portion for recertification.

First time recertifying is there anything I should do to prep for skills day? Should I go in as I am going to be doing the practical portion of the EMT exam?

Appreciate the insight.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Just relax and chill. My guess is you are taking a refresher class. Their goal is just to review the skills. Doubt there will be a test. But I honestly can't say at all, I don't even know what program you are doing.

OP
OP
R

RunnerD1987

Forum Crew Member
Just relax and chill. My guess is you are taking a refresher class. Their goal is just to review the skills. Doubt there will be a test. But I honestly can't say at all, I don't even know what program you are doing.
Test is on Sunday..I assume review is Saturday. Ha thanks for that advice will chill.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
How did the class and test go?

OP
OP
R

RunnerD1987

Forum Crew Member
Wasn't what I thought it be like. Only 2 other people showed up that were in the class. The instructor went over the skill sheet then tested us individually then done. Just gotta get the paperwork in be all set.

NC EMT has some extra skills than CT so learned some new tricks.