Movie Marathon Thread

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Just finished binge watching Netflix's new live action Avatar: The Last Airbender series. I liked it, thought it was pretty neat, looking forward to the adaptation of Season 2.

Granted I haven't watched the original cartoon version in a while (maybe a year or two?), I did feel like the live action abridged the story a bit, though looking at the overall run time, since each episode was nearly an hour long at 8 episodes, vs the OG cartoon with 20 episodes at like 22-24min a piece, so the new one is (math) just over 7 hours run time, and the cartoon was just under 8 hours total run time for the season, and it still felt like they cut out way more than just that one hours worth of fluff.... so def not a shot for shot remake... but that being said, it still felt extremely faithful and true to the OG as best a live action adaptation of such a cartoon series could (I mean waaayyy better than any hypothetical 2 hour movie version could ever hope to be, it's *totally* a good thing no one *ever* tried to do *that* right? ...right? lol)

So yeah, def enjoyable and I think my next off day (Sat) I might re-binge the OG series just cause lol (Not like I'm also wanting to binge For All Mankind, I'm still in the middle of Season 2, have an episode or two of Masters of the Air to catch up on, or any other shows on my "To Watch" list lol)

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
So...Dune 2, very good. Weird at times (as one would expect).

I have to say, though - Austin Butler still sounds like Elvis in space, just like he sounds like WWII pilot Elvis. @Jim37F - thoughts on the last episode of Masters?