McCormick Testing/Interview

Ldpc97

Forum Ride Along
Has anyone recently tested/interviewed with McCormick? I've been looking through old forums and they all talk about a map test that you have to take but the email that I got from the Operations Supervisor only said that I have to take a test that is based of the NREMT, if I pass with an 80% or higher I get to do the physical exam and if I pass that, I get to interview but it didn't say anything about a map test.. I live in OC so I'm not familiar with LA, how can I study for the map test just in case? Thank you!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Its been 3+ years since I left McCormick, and like 5-6 years give or take since I got hired there and went thru the process at the time.

Shortly before I left, they were bought out by AMR, tho they (obviously) kept McCormick relatively intact. Plus they took over the Santa Monica transport contract (and I wanna say at least one or two other smaller areas, but I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head), so they've hired a ton of people since then, so I'm not surprised they've changed up and streamlined the hiring process since.

But assuming they still place the Thomas Guide on the same pedestal as when I was there, that's the map book in question. Not really anything you can study for per say, as its more they give you a Thomas Guide and then ask you to find a handful of different addresses. Basically just know how to navigate the book (its easy, just gotta get one and use it, I'm sure there are YouTube videos on using them).

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Videos on reading and using a mapbook...jeez. I weep for the future.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Videos on reading and using a mapbook...jeez. I weep for the future.
I started weeping for the future when social media friends replaced real life friends.