i begin in january / has anyone been schooled in florida?

ulrik

Forum Crew Member
cause i am about too, in gainsville. and i was wondering if there classes are ok or not?

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
cause i am about too, in gainsville. and i was wondering if there classes are ok or not?

Yep........... I got my start in Florida. I took 1st Responder and EMT in Winter Have and did my medic in Margate.

Man that was a looong time ago :)

I don't know of a "poor" EMS program in Florida.

firecoins

IFT Puppet

Those damn rich EMS systems! Maybe if they didn't wast time getting chads pregnant. :p

VentMedic

Forum Chief

We are famous for our medic mills in the career schools and the backrooms of the FDs to get through those 700 hours of Paramedic training as quickly as possible.

Stick with the community colleges where the programs are accedited. You can get a whole 2 year college degree and then some with the cost of a "career school" education. Your college credits will be recognized and transferable if you decide to go for more education later.

The EMT-B education can also and should be started at the community college.

OP
OP
ulrik

ulrik

Forum Crew Member
thank you very much, i appreciate it.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad

FMTI.

I started out registering for Health First's Medic class. When the bottom fell out from that, I was left with BCC, and FMTI. Since BCC has closed registration, FMTI it was.

I regret even moving back to Fla, I should have sucked it up, and just done it in Jersey...:rolleyes:

reaper

Working Bum
No, You should have waited for BCC's next class. Run,Do not walk, from FMTI!!

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Too little, too late. :rolleyes:

Graduation date is Sept 17.
The reason I lurk and ask "stupid" questions so often is due to the quality of my education.
I feel like an EMT-I, not a paramedic sometimes...:unsure:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
FMTI.

I started out registering for Health First's Medic class. When the bottom fell out from that, I was left with BCC, and FMTI. Since BCC has closed registration, FMTI it was.

I regret even moving back to Fla, I should have sucked it up, and just done it in Jersey...:rolleyes:

Jersey?.. After reading the problems in Jersey, I believe there are 48 other states I might have tried.

R/r 911

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Its home to me.
Plus I want to be a catalyst for change there. :ph34r:

OP
OP
ulrik

ulrik

Forum Crew Member
thanks, i am going to santa fe in gainsville for my training. hope its goes ok.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad

Best of luck to ya!

Do your ED clinicals first, so you have an idea how to start an IV, not learning in the back of a bouncing Rescue.
Use flash cards to sutdy your meds as well.

reaper

Working Bum

Yes, Santa Fe has a excellent EMS program. You should get to do your ride alongs with Alachua County EMS.

OP
OP
ulrik

ulrik

Forum Crew Member
i begin in january

I take first responder in class in January along with CPR. Prerequisites to E.M.T course at Santa Fe Community College. All in all, I start in January and with taking C-spring class I will be able to take A- summer E.M.T classes (which are more rigorous during summer do to it being full time but in spring and fall semesters they are part time I.e. Tuesday and Thursday only) both will have clinical studies on the weekends and labs along with class on the weeks. If I work hard and do it right the first time, I shall be done by august of 2009 with a E.M.T certificate from S.F.C.C and hopefully pass either the Florida test or the national test and finally and proudly I’ll be able to call myself a E.M.T

my goal is soooo close. almost there!!!!!!!!!!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Its home to me.
Plus I want to be a catalyst for change there. :ph34r:
BLSBoy.... that is a TALL order. Good luck with that.
Any intentions on being around for Fireman's Weekend in Wildwood?