how do i edit my post?

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
i feel like a freaking idiot asking this question but i can not figure out how to edit my post after i have posted it. i tried to do a search but could not find an answer. is it even possible to edit a post after you posted it?

ok this is weird, i can edit this post because i started the thread, but i can not edit a post that i replied too? is this correct? i think i am going crazy...

Last edited by a moderator:

Epi-do

I see dead people
You can only edit a post for a certain amount of time after writing it. I cannot remember exactly how long it is, but I want to say it is something like 10-15 minutes. After that, you either have to live with your typos, or make an additional post if there was something that you meant to include but forgot.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The time limit for editing posts is 15 minutes

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Why is there a time limit anyways?

Because we've had issues in the past where members have gone back and edited all of their posts to say nothing at all (deleting without actually deleting their post), which really threw off the conversation in the thread.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Having lost some epic posts elsewhere...

Write it in WORD, save, then post it when it's perfect. Responses: use preview, then fix it on the fly. Or make deliberate responses via WORD.
The limits on editing make it move faster and more lively.

OP
OP
EMTCop86

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
thank you for the info guys. i just realized i posted this question in the wrong section, sorry! thank you again for answering though.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
thank you for the info guys. i just realized i posted this question in the wrong section, sorry! thank you again for answering though.

Actually, this is the correct section for those types of questions (pertaining to how to do something on this forum).

OP
OP
EMTCop86

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
Actually, this is the correct section for those types of questions (pertaining to how to do something on this forum).

someone moved it for me, i originally posted it in the EMT lounge:blush: