• Before posting in this section, please take a moment and review our EMS Job Posting Guidelines.

Greenville County EMS, Greenville SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiremedicSC

Forum Probie
Look up Greenville County EMS. We are a leader in evidence based pre-hospital medicine. We run somewhere in the neighborhood of 60,000 calls a year, with approximately 40 trucks per day. We work with our local medical university and are on the forefront of research and development of treatments. In example, we are administering pre-hospital antibiotics for sepsis. We have attained the Gold status with AHA. Base pay is roughly $40000 + a great benefits package. We work 12 hour schedules. Cost of living is reasonable, we are close to any type of area. In the county itself we go from mountains to rolling farm land. In the nearby counties you can have dirt road rural to big city living. Check out the website for more info, www.greenvillecounty.org/Emergency_Medical_Services/.
I just started a month ago, but it's great. You'll go through one of the most in depth orientation processes I've ever seen. A month third person, and then 6 months with an FTO. To help you adjust. South Carolina is a NREMT state. They do offer a temporary card till you can earn your NRP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'm interested in this system. Do you run QRVs or just an ambulance? Dual medic crew? Is the salary negotiable based on experience? Stations? Equipment? Is there a mechanical CPR device? How long are average transports? What's the promotional ladder? What's the schedule? 2 days/2 nights? Is there continuing Ed?

OP
OP
FiremedicSC

FiremedicSC

Forum Probie
We run both QRV and ambulances. Usually double medic, salary is above my paugrade, mostly dynamic deployments but do have some static stations. Ambulances are in need of replacement but we've added 8 new units and plan on 5 more next budget cycle. No Lucas, most transportation 10 - 20 minutes. Decent promotional ladder, schedule is 12 hrs shift 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off 2 on 3 off. IST is mandatory and uses hifedility mannequins

OP
OP
FiremedicSC

FiremedicSC

Forum Probie
It will be 2 years before RSI qualified, 2 years before QRV qualified but it's worth it if you ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.