First Interview/Orientation

HelpmeHelpyou

Forum Crew Member
In a couple of weeks I have a orientation setup with a local ambulance company. PMT, I am looking for advice on how this interview process goes? If anyone has worked or is working for them now, main office is located in Tempe, AZ. I would appreciate any responses. I am trying to gather as much information as I can from various places. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance. :)

Questions I would like to be answered:

1.Is this a contest to see who is the better EMT? I haven't been in school for almost a month now, and all I do now is read some books on some subjects that are more seen on the field, Like COPD, etc.. to increase my knowledge about it. I have not done to many ride alongs since school. To be honest, I don't feel like we ever had to much hands on with anything other then our skill sheet days.

2. Do I need to dress casual or formal to this orientation or interviews?
3. I am still needing to know my locations to hospitals and street locations and area, I know my main routes around Phoenix. How important is this subject? What about the GPS on the computer in the ambulance?

This is all I can think of right now, I have been continuing to keep myself fresh, but I know I lack hands on experience with real patient care.