Finally! Its my turn

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Well after 18 months on the waiting list, I am FINALLY going to get to start my EMT course. I am just glad nobody could see me doing my little Happy Dance in my car when I talked to the guy at the college.

So Jan 5, I start. And by June...look out world...here I come. Straight to the :rolleyes: waiting list :rolleyes: for the Paramedic course.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
So - why the long waiting list??????

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
In this area there is only one college that offers the course. Why, heck I dont know. But the next closest course is over 80 miles away, and they have a good year wait list for that one.

But anyway, when I applied, I was number 156 on the waiting list. They only have classes four times a year (Jan, Feb, Sept, Oct) and only 18 per class. Should have got in during Sept, but there was a little storm called Hurricane Ivan that changed everything.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Dec 23 2004, 07:51 AM
In this area there is only one college that offers the course. Why, heck I dont know. But the next closest course is over 80 miles away, and they have a good year wait list for that one.

But anyway, when I applied, I was number 156 on the waiting list. They only have classes four times a year (Jan, Feb, Sept, Oct) and only 18 per class. Should have got in during Sept, but there was a little storm called Hurricane Ivan that changed everything.
OK - That STINKS. I commute 30 miles 2 times a week, plus 2 times for clinicals, to my Medic Program - good program, LONG RIDE!

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Yea - My class will be 35 miles north of here 2 days a week and 3 weekends, plus clinicals...but I am not complaining. I am in!