End of 1st semester evaluation for medic class

Epi-do

I see dead people
I had a meeting with my instructors this morning to go over how my first semester of medic class went. Overall, I am pretty happy with what they had to say, and didn't get any surprises.

A&P - final grade was 88% (B )

hospital clinicals - final grade of 98% (A). My instructors comments included my being professional, not afraid to jump in and do what needs to be done, and a good advocate for my patients. She said she puts more stock in clinicals than classroom because anyone can learn the material, but not everyone is able to apply and use what they learn to problem-solve. Clinicals allow her to see how we apply what we have learned, what our bedside manner is, etc. She also commented on the fact that all of my paperwork was always completed properly and my documentation was good. I only missed one point on clinicals, and that is because I got a late notice from FISDAP for one of my ER rotations. It was when everything was going on with my husband's parents, and it just slipped my mind until the morning after it was due.

medical emergencies - final grade was 97% (A), and the highest in the class

ambulance clinicals - this instructor does pass/fail rather than letter grades, but he told me if he handed out letter grades I would have easily gotten an A. I had one precept form I forgot to sign, but other than that all of my paperwork was always complete. I was 100% for unassisted BLS runs, and already have more than the 10 that are required for the class.

Because I am not sure exactly how they average the pass/fail criteria into the overall class grade, I can't say exactly what my class average is, but based on the other three grades for first semester, my averaged grade is a 94%.

Second semester starts January 6, and we are jumping in with both feet. This semester will focus on pharm, cardiology, and respiratory.

disassociative

Forum Captain
Congratulations bud!

It's always great to see people doing well in their studies. Brace yourself for the cardio-respiratory; it will certainly be a test of your commitment to the program of study.

On the last day of our first semester of paramedic school, they sent us home with a list of medications and the book list; they said know these when you come back, lol.

Best of luck!

blueprint

Forum Probie
congrats!!! how much work per week do u spend studying?

OP
OP
Epi-do

Epi-do

I see dead people
Not nearly enough some weeks, and way to much on other weeks. Guess that doesn't really answer the question though, does it? Honestly, I have never really kept track of how much time I study. I do it for a while, take a break, and then go back to it. Some things I have been able to grasp more quickly than others, so I spend less time studying them and focus my time on the stuff that is harder for me to get.