EMS ride along programs

Jasmyn cochran

Forum Ride Along
Hi, my name is Jasmyn. I’m 17 and I’ve been interested in becoming an EMT for years now. I want to become an EMS as soon as I’m of age. Is there any ride along programs in the Knoxville, Tennessee area? Also, is there any way I could get sponsored because paying for the courses is going to be hard on me.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I doubt many agencies are doing ride alongs right now due to COVID concerns. Most are not even allowing visitors in their stations.

As for tuition, you could volunteer for an agency that will pay for your EMT or find a community college that offers EMT classes, this will allow you apply for financial aid.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Hi, my name is Jasmyn. I’m 17 and I’ve been interested in becoming an EMT for years now. I want to become an EMS as soon as I’m of age. Is there any ride along programs in the Knoxville, Tennessee area? Also, is there any way I could get sponsored because paying for the courses is going to be hard on me.
call your local EMS agencies (https://knoxvilletn.gov/government/...es/fire_department/emergency_medical_services is the link for Knoxville FD) and ask them. They would be able to provide you with more local information than most people on here as to their current policies.

Trauma Cop

Forum Probie
There are a lot of financial assistance programs out there that can help you pay for the course. I recently went through EMT myself. I used the GI Bill which is not available to you I'm assuming but there are other programs that definitely are. Like others have previously mentioned, during the pandemic, you're not going to get any ride time with a service. I'm not too far from you. I'm on the Kentucky / Tennessee border and I can tell you that once you get your EMT, it'll be a wealth of opportunities in your area and you can pretty much pick where you want to work.Even though I live in Kentucky, I went ahead and got my license in Tennessee and I've already been offered two jobs from well paying EMS services.