Denver/Colorado Springs Area

Strike3

Forum Crew Member
Who works in the Colorado area here? I'm interested in moving to Denver, and have had a hard time finding out about reciprocity and job prospsects and whatnot...

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

m33kr0b

Forum Crew Member
I used to live in Colorado Springs. I cannot tell you anything about ems out there but I can tell you that it is a wonderful area. If you are an outdoors or history geek Colorado has alot to offer. I very much enjoyed the beauty of Pikes Peak as well as all the trout fishing that was available in the area. Denver is also a very scenic city. I am more of a fan of the little towns in further up in the mountains however. Denver right now is going through a really bad phase of crime and drugs in certain parts of the city. I am sure that on an ems perspective they are fairly busy in both cities.

OP
OP
S

Strike3

Forum Crew Member
Hmm...Well, it's one of the areas I'm looking at....I'm definately open to the Springs area or Ft. Collins... The mountain towns are the whole reason I want to move there. :)

monkeyfeet

Forum Probie
i've only been in denver a few months now, but aside from the ridiculous storms i like it here.

as far as reciprocity goes, co accepts/requires national registry (i don't think they'll grant reciprocity based on only a cert from another state). the co dept of public health website has a really helpful guide: http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/em/CertificationEducation/index.html

if you have questions on anything, feel free to pm me, i just went through this last month.

i don't know so much about job prospects, i think it mostly depends on your training and experience. as a brand-new basic i'm not exactly being overwhelmed with job offers, but i'm not sure that necessarily implies there aren't jobs out there.

OP
OP
S

Strike3

Forum Crew Member
I'd be moving as a nationally registered medic.. Who runs 911 in Denver? Any idea? I've been trying to find it, but it seems like it might be hospital based..

monkeyfeet

Forum Probie
denver health runs 911 for denver county (http://www.denverems.org/). i think a few different private services have contracts for the surrounding metro area (rural/metro, pridemark, action care, etc).

where would you be moving from?

m33kr0b

Forum Crew Member
Call them. Their site may not be up to date so you may be emailing an address that is not checked all the time or you are emailing a person that is no longer there.