Cycling

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Mountain biking is really fun Robb. Its a killer workout for your legs and great cardio, plus if you're a adrenaline junkie like me riding down the mountain is even better (the payoff for riding up). Plus you're outdoors (away from the city) and you have almost no chance of getting hit by a car.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Yeah but I would rather fall on dirt than asphalt ;)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Been looking around at bikes, I need to start saving... Even with my Promotive account they're 2-5k.

Mantis Toboggan

Forum Probie
Kudos to all the newly invested cyclists! If you're in the market for a new bike, I would strongly recommend (as others have) visiting your local bike shop—there, a professional can fit you to a bike that meets your expectations and is consistent with your goals. Fitting is not just about determining frame size; there are many different geometries to consider as well. Try out plenty of different bikes first, then decide which one is right for you.

If you put in the miles and the sweat, you'll be surprised at how quickly your fitness will improve. I became a committed cyclist and runner only about a year ago; now I'm training for a marathon in the fall and a half-ironman triathlon next year. Sometimes the biggest hurdle is just getting out the front door. The road is inviting. Best of luck!