Brady CCP textbook.

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
I just got the brady critical care paramedic textbook for myself as an early Christmas present. I know it has been out a while but I’ve been busy with other crap. For those who have read it, any really good chapters I should go to first? Any critical care classes using this book currently? I know this book was designed for the paramedic with 3-5 years experience but out of curiosity, any paramedic programs using this book? If anyone has any other thoughts about the book , I’d love to read them…thanks.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I purchased the book as soon as Brian had it released. I do believe this is this first true Paramedic level book that has been released.

There is not a chapter that is not good, I would had liked to see a little more in-depth on pulmonology and ventilator care and have discussed this personally with the author.

You are right on stating it is assumed one has experience. It also assumes one has a good general knowledge basic science as well. Which a Paramedic should have, but very few possess, especially at the cellular level. So, a good review or reading of some basic A & P might be good to read along with the chapters if one is weak in this area.

Many of our Paramedic programs are requiring this text in the final phase of the program. I do believe it should be a mandated text after learning the general Paramedic care. Since the current Paramedic level is so weak, this text adds the additional education one needs to complete it.

I personally like the "lab" chapter, cardiology portion since again this book goes into the required knowledge of delivering "true" emergency medicine, not just ACLS guidelines.

If a Paramedic does not own this yet, I highly suggest they purchase it. This should be a required reading after one receives their certification.

R/R 911

Last edited by a moderator: