Are the EMT-B's tests hard?

Vanatta67

Forum Probie
Yes they all follow the curriculum but look at it this way in my medic class, we are using Nancy Carolines book. It is horrible to read and follow as our teacher agress. We all went out and bought brady medic books and have had a better success at class since switching, I hate Nancy!!

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Please don't hate a dead woman. She is considered an EMS Legend. Personally, I never liked her writing (which is really nothing more than the DOT curriculum) but in reality ones that utilize her book has one of the highest percentages of passing the Paramedic tests. I know of EMS institutions that have switched back to Caroline's text, considering it one of the best... (again, I disagree but results due tend to make one wonder)

Personally, I dislike all of them Brady, Mosby, Caroline because they all follow the same NHTSA curriculum which is lame, behind and piss poor in structure and requirements.

R/r 911

Last edited by a moderator:

skyemt

Forum Captain
Please don't hate a dead woman. She is considered an EMS Legend. Personally, I never liked her writing (which is really nothing more than the DOT curriculum) but in reality ones that utilize her book has one of the highest percentages of passing the Paramedic tests. I know of EMS institutions that have switched back to Caroline's text, considering it one of the best... (again, I disagree but results due tend to make one wonder)

Personally, I dislike all of them Brady, Mosby, Caroline because they all follow the same NHTSA curriculum which is lame, behind and piss poor in structure and requirements.

R/r 911

i will be starting ALS class in the fall... our county has just switched to Caroline's book from Brady, due to the higher success rates of those using her book.