ALS = Medic/Medic, Medic/Basic, Medic/Intermediate?

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Guardian said:
I already know they have schools in detroit and highland part. No reason for me to go there.
Detroit is closing over 100 schools in the hopes of possibly being able to go on, not as a long-term solution. In 1999 the schools were taken over because of the lack of fiscal responsibility and student achievement. They now only have half the students they did in 1999.

Detroit EMS is getting their butts kicked. They too call the local privates, hoping one will take the call.

The US may be the richest country, but we also have the most debt. Debt in the economic sense isn't purely bad, but it puts things in perspective.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Guardian said:
Some of you will disagree with me. You're entitled to your opinion just like I am. I'd like to make one last closing argument on this topic. Nobody knows where the universe ends or if it ends. We are capable of anything. It is possible for humans to live and thrive on the surface of the sun. Nothing is impossible given the right amount of time and resources (when I say resources, I'm not talking about something as petty and meaningless as money, I'm talking about ambition). When someone says they can't do something, what they are really saying is they don't want to devote the time or resources to do it. We are capable of anything until someone proves otherwise.
I agree 100%.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Part of the problem (especially in Oklahoma) is poor management and billing. Look at collection rates, look at cost individual services instead of EMS districts, and school bond/EMS funding, etc.. as long as one looks for excuses there will be one instead of answers.

Yes, it is hard.. yes, it can be done, That means we have to support lobbying at the Capital foe a bigger piece of the budget, start examining grants, increase billing procedures, working and collaborating with neighboring services, but it can be done.

EMS is usually considered a luxury, not a necessity in most communities. There is no 'requirement " like other emergency services, therefore until we can officially require such we will have to invent and create funding... EMS has been ALS for over 40 years... shame that there is still communities not even able to provide as much care as the "Johnny & Roy" did 30 years ago.

R/r 911