Again with the delicate but useful thread. How to approach?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I came across a youtube video showing a dashcam of a shooting last year. I know, I'm not in favor of posting pictures of people undergoing care, but this is immensely instructive and has been released by the subject's family's attorney to the public to buttress a lawsuit.

This could rapidly degrade into a gun-thread when the value lies in seeing what happens in a real shooting, what sometimes may happen before EMS gets there, critiquing the EMS actions. Also, the comments on various versions of this are, as usually, fully of idiotic, crude and uselessly inflammatory material, for both sides.

I think this and some subjects are foreseeably in need of moderator action (approval, removal or editing). How would you like these done generically? Send a mod the URL, or just fire away?

Last edited by a moderator:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Post material you feel is relevant, keeping copyright and fair use in mind. If the CL team feels that it needs to be moderated, we'll deal with it as it happens. We don't like to stifle relevant, interesting discussion.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Post material you feel is relevant, keeping copyright and fair use in mind. If the CL team feels that it needs to be moderated, we'll deal with it as it happens. We don't like to stifle relevant, interesting discussion.

Yeah, but I want to feel I can get a second opinion before I put my foot in your website's koolaid. Or something like that. I'll email them in before posting, and think twice before I post once.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
If it is the video you PM'd me about, then it can be posted provided:
1) The discussion is kept relevant to EMS
2) You include links to the source (including newspaper articles discussing the case)

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

OK, I might do it. I think it has a lot of Black Hole potential.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Done. No one is watching. HAhahahaha, I still hold the record!:rofl:

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

It lasted about 21 hrs before spinning out and generated some good comments and replies. It is still there to read and the link is active to see for yourselves. THanks for doing that, Mods, as far as I feel it worked ok.