What class should I take with EMT n lab

LaQuanda

Forum Ride Along
Hi... I'm taking EMT and EMT lab in August which is 9 credits in total I would like to get 12credits to become a full time student I'm wondering if I should take medical terminology or first aide or what class do you think I should take... I Don't wanna take something super hard cause I want all my focus to be on EMT class ...I will be going to paramedic school after i get my EMT ....

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Well probably not first aid since that's pretty much what you'll be learning. What are your school's requirements for an paramedic associates's degree?

OP
OP
LaQuanda

LaQuanda

Forum Ride Along
Well probably not first aid since that's pretty much what you'll be learning. What are your school's requirements for an paramedic associates's degree?

I'm transferring to a school in Houston and it requires that you must be an EMT... Also what are some good testing books or websites I want to make sure I pass the first time around I want to be super prepared

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Hi... I'm taking EMT and EMT lab in August which is 9 credits in total I would like to get 12credits to become a full time student I'm wondering if I should take medical terminology or first aide or what class do you think I should take... I Don't wanna take something super hard cause I want all my focus to be on EMT class ...I will be going to paramedic school after i get my EMT ....

Medical terminology sounds good.

khaysley

Forum Probie
I'm starting my EMT class in a couple weeks my program professor for the EMS program told us that we had to have Medical Term, Anatomy and Physiology, and a Math 110 or higher, General Psychology. Some classes that you will need at some point is English 101, Basic Public Speaking (there are more that I can't think of at the moment that you can take before starting or while taking your EMT class.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm starting my EMT class in a couple weeks my program professor for the EMS program told us that we had to have Medical Term, Anatomy and Physiology, and a Math 110 or higher, General Psychology. Some classes that you will need at some point is English 101, Basic Public Speaking (there are more that I can't think of at the moment that you can take before starting or while taking your EMT class.
Is this program in the US? It us very rare for any EMT program to have prerequisite classes to that degree.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief

Yeah that does not sound right at all. Can you post a link to the school you are going to attend. EMT should have no pre-reqs

khaysley

Forum Probie
Yes, this is in the US in Kentucky to be more accurate. The EMT class doesn't have all these prerequisites before doing EMT but you do have to them before you start Paramedic program. The more prerequisites that you have done before starting Paramedic program the better so while doing it you can focus just on the Paramedic classes.

Since she said she was want to go to a Paramedic school after completing EMT I thought it wise to suggest classes that my school have us take.