Well I went to court...

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
For those of you that didn't see my ticket post, I got my first speeding ticket in 10 years of driving and it was for 5 over the speed limit. I went to court and the judge basically said I was wasting his time without actually saying that. I was prepared with my plea as to why I shouldn't receive this ticket but the judge called me up, asked a few questions and said have a nice day.

The room was full with other cases and I got to hear a couple. I think I was the least of his worries for the day.

Thanks everyone!

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
For those of you that didn't see my ticket post, I got my first speeding ticket in 10 years of driving and it was for 5 over the speed limit. I went to court and the judge basically said I was wasting his time without actually saying that. I was prepared with my plea as to why I shouldn't receive this ticket but the judge called me up, asked a few questions and said have a nice day.

The room was full with other cases and I got to hear a couple. I think I was the least of his worries for the day.

Thanks everyone!
Congrats! Really quick court date too. Here, you get a ticket and your day in court is at least three months out.

OP
OP
Fry14MN

Fry14MN

I was nervous, really nervous, but after hearing a couple people in front of me I was the least of that judges worries.

I have been driving like a grandma ever since. I also had an interview with Allina last week so I'm crossing my fingers that this is the start of my good news!

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
A cop wrote you for 5 over? Man, he would have a hay day out here in CA where practically everyone drives 10 or more over.

OP
OP
Fry14MN

Fry14MN

A cop wrote you for 5 over? Man, he would have a hay day out here in CA where practically everyone drives 10 or more over.

I was in complete shock. He asked me how my driving record was and I said, "I don't have one." He came back with a ticket and said, "You really need to learn to slow down."

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
So he dismissed the ticket? Or just dismissed you? :)