the 100% directionless thread

shaggyc

Forum Probie
I moved into an apartment from california to texas to check the area out before settling. had the exact same issue- it is perfectly legal for them to smoke inside their own rooms despite the air conditioning blowing in smoke. we got lucky and those people moved. to be honest bad as it is, it is hard to tell people to not smoke..especially since it is their own home
But if it's in the lease, and they are in violation of those terms they have a right, a responsibility honestly to enforce those terms.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
But if it's in the lease, and they are in violation of those terms they have a right, a responsibility honestly to enforce those terms.

oops i missed the post about it being in the lease- yea id go nuts for that!!!

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
double post

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Time to start contacting some local govt authorities. You know, the kind that oversee communities like yours.
I contacted the larger company that manages the property a week ago and haven't heard back. I think I may get a lawyer to write them a letter and see if that changes things.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
i got a $200 gift card from the guy here even though it isnt in lease agreement, surprised their corporate office didnt do anything. my wife went to their corporate office in person and they were more agreeable lol

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I moved into an apartment from california to texas to check the area out before settling. had the exact same issue- it is perfectly legal for them to smoke inside their own rooms despite the air conditioning blowing in smoke. we got lucky and those people moved. to be honest bad as it is, it is hard to tell people to not smoke..especially since it is their own home
It's against lease to smoke indoors. All tenants had to sign a contract. The managers didn't do anything so I contacted the overseeing company, now am looking into a lawyer. It's against their lease and they should be evicted, or I should be allowed to move without penalty.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I purposefully made sure I rented a place that prohibited smoking. They aren't just smoking in "their home" they are pretty much smoking in mine too. Exposing my toddler to second hand smoke. theres no reason they can't go outside.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I live in castle rock. I chop off an appendage every month for rent.
Sounds like my apartment complex in Englewood Colorado. They only want to enforce the rules when they feel like it. Not like rent here is cheap either.

There is a reason I continue to live in Colorado Springs aside from my job...the rent is swell.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
There is a reason I continue to live in Colorado Springs aside from my job...the rent is swell.
Springs would of been too far away. We both commute a fair distance to work as is. But I have heard springs is quite a bit cheaper.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
also could be weed and not cigarettes...or meth
Oh it's cigarettes too. You can smell them both. It's so pungent I can tell you their routine- they smoke weed then smoke cigarettes immediately after.. Wait about an hour then repeat

shaggyc

Forum Probie
I hate it for you. How is the job market here in the metro area? I'm planning on taking the EMT-B course, then I'm gonna try to get a job and continue training.

Also.. Are you familiar with the course offered by Health One in partnership with Arapahoe Community college?

Sorry.. couldn't help but ask as you seem close to me :)

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Bleh... I have about 350 pages I have to read by Tuesday.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I hate it for you. How is the job market here in the metro area? I'm planning on taking the EMT-B course, then I'm gonna try to get a job and continue training.

Also.. Are you familiar with the course offered by Health One in partnership with Arapahoe Community college?

Sorry.. couldn't help but ask as you seem close to me :)
I'm not familiar with any schools, sorry. I did all my schooling in another state.

It's competitive to get a job, or Atleast a 911 job. To get hired for a 911 position I had to take a written test (which in my opinion was FAR more difficult then registry) do both dynamic(mega code) and static stations during the actual interview, and was even asked some drug calcs. I imagine it would be similar for an EMT job, but with stations/questions more geared to you ( maybe a medical and trauma station, and some drug dosage questions). A lot of what they are looking for is learned from experience.

Your best bet will be to apply for an IFT position after school. That's where most people start out. Most, if not all, 911 services are going to require you have some type of experience. Also, an IFT job is GREAT at teaching how to recognize certain situations. You will be told "this person has a PE" and see the signs and symptoms. Once you see everything and know what it looks like, it's easier to recognize it in the field, if that makes sense.

shaggyc

Forum Probie
Yeah I have no problem starting with IFT, gotta start somewhere. Hadn't thought about that part of the experience. Makes perfect sense actually

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I forgot to also say, most places have some sort of physcial test too. It's nothing like the CPAT or anything though.