the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Are there actually people...running...up that hill?
I definitely want to try [emoji13] It won't be 17 minutes, though [emoji15] 20 for a high school female is very impressive, though! I wonder what she's doing her 5k in.

LenaLena26

Forum Probie
Applying to medic school for the second time... the first time I was put on a "waiting list" and didn't get chosen. So I'm praying this time goes well cause I just wanna get this **** over with already :(

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Good luck!

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
...... if the neighbors below me don't stop smoking in their apartment I'm going to lose it.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
...... if the neighbors below me don't stop smoking in their apartment I'm going to lose it.

Anonymous phone calls do wonders. Or tell them you will jump on your floor until they cut the crap, ya know if you want to be mature and all...

Angel

Paramedic
Take it from me, stomping and being heavy footed is ANNOYING. You will get on their nerves with a quickness.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
No I've been doing all this for about 5 months now. I was sitting at 40 hours a couple days ago and I just said screw it and spent 2 days just hammering them out. My NR expires at the end of next month, so 24 hrs (acts as a refresher through a different CE provider) is all I have to do. Not to bad if I do 2 a day. I'll have it done in no time.
Which site did you do them at?

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Not if they're baked. They probably won't care.
Correct. It's this awful mix of marijuana smoke and cigarette smoke. The lease says no smoking indoors. I have addressed it through the proper outlets, but nothing has changed -_-.

shaggyc

Forum Probie
Correct. It's this awful mix of marijuana smoke and cigarette smoke. The lease says no smoking indoors. I have addressed it through the proper outlets, but nothing has changed -_-.
Sounds like my apartment complex in Englewood Colorado. They only want to enforce the rules when they feel like it. Not like rent here is cheap either.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I live in castle rock. I chop off an appendage every month for rent.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

Tell your landlord that you are moving out in 30 days because of their failure to uphold the stipulations of the rental contract.

Might not work....but it might be worth a try.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Tell your landlord that you are moving out in 30 days because of their failure to uphold the stipulations of the rental contract.

Might not work....but it might be worth a try.
We tried. No such luck. It drives me crazy because my three year old is being subjected to 2nd hand smoke and there's nothing I can do about it.. I even brought that up, but that didn't even phase management.

LenaLena26

Forum Probie
I'm in a paramedic transition course and it starts in a month. Last night I came across the entire course summary on blackboard, including all homework assignments and worksheets. I'm gonna print them out and do everything before class starts so that I could just get it out of the way :)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Which site did you do them at?

For my 48 hours for NR medic-ce.com and for whats required for the refresher (24 hrs) targersolutions.com

Since my refresher (traditional in class) got canceled, one of the instructors came up with the idea of a hybrid type of class. Do the required topic hours online and come in on a specified date and get your skills signed off.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
We tried. No such luck. It drives me crazy because my three year old is being subjected to 2nd hand smoke and there's nothing I can do about it.. I even brought that up, but that didn't even phase management.
Time to start contacting some local govt authorities. You know, the kind that oversee communities like yours.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
Time to start contacting some local govt authorities. You know, the kind that oversee communities like yours.

I moved into an apartment from california to texas to check the area out before settling. had the exact same issue- it is perfectly legal for them to smoke inside their own rooms despite the air conditioning blowing in smoke. we got lucky and those people moved. to be honest bad as it is, it is hard to tell people to not smoke..especially since it is their own home