the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Note to self: If you're going to have an attack of insomnia and end up staying up till the wee hours of the morning playing computer games till you're tired enough to finally head towards bed, don't accidentally bump into a shelf and knock something heavy onto the ground and make enough racket to wake people up so they come investigating you

shaggyc

Forum Probie
Note to self: If you're going to have an attack of insomnia and end up staying up till the wee hours of the morning playing computer games till you're tired enough to finally head towards bed, don't accidentally bump into a shelf and knock something heavy onto the ground and make enough racket to wake people up so they come investigating you
Seems I've done that more than once. What game?

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Oh, I FINALLY got my W2 in the mail today from my old job, two weeks after they said they mailed it...well I guess the company going out of business during that time may have distracted the HR lady....now time to see if I can remember how to log onto mypay.dfas.mil in order to get my W2 from the Reserves. Wonder if Turbo Tax is still not doing state returns or should I visit someone else?
They are back on line. It wasn't so much their problem as much as it was just a straight up fraud problem but they are processing state returns now, according to NPR.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That's what fire is for.
Fire is for "hey can you guys move that table and carry our gear for us?"

For our protocols EMTs are only allowed to check a blood sugar after the medic asks them to do it.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Fire is for "hey can you guys move that table and carry our gear for us?"

For our protocols EMTs are only allowed to check a blood sugar after the medic asks them to do it.

Forgot you lived in Cali haha, they can do everything I can when asked except for draw up meds

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Note to self....never, ever try to drive out of NYC at 5PM on a weekday ever again.

*especially in a semi tractor/trailer.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My shift has been doing this once a week for the month. It's called the incline and is the remains of an old cog railroad. A 2000 vertical foot climb over about 3/4 of a mile. I'm gonna go back to sleep now.
6-1600.jpg

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
My shift has been doing this once a week for the month. It's called the incline and is the remains of an old cog railroad. A 2000 vertical foot climb over about 3/4 of a mile. I'm gonna go back to sleep now.
6-1600.jpg

All i can think of is a large round rock (indiana jones style) rolling down it

Reactions: Rin

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
6-1600.jpg
I'll be in CS in June and am looking forward to hitting up Pikes Peak. I'd love to be able to do it weekly!

Last edited:

Angel

Paramedic
i made apple pie "moonshine" yesterday...it put a little hair on my chest! anyone know how long itll take to mellow out? i was assuming about 2 weeks...im giving some away as gifts but its just so strong

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Welp, hip apparently looks good. Finally got a new set of x rays. Originally was told 12 weeks for pt, he saw the x ray's today and cleared me to start now (6 weeks post op).
Apparently avascular necrosis is still worrisome so I have about 2 years that I'll need to keep seeing him, but early indications say it's all pretty good. It's more likely to see it in early onset to begin with too.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
i made apple pie "moonshine" yesterday...it put a little hair on my chest! anyone know how long itll take to mellow out? i was assuming about 2 weeks...im giving some away as gifts but its just so strong
It's moonshine... Isn't moonshine always strong?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Sometimes it is a real hassle dealing with my medic school. :\

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Me and my dad are watch a show on Spike called Coaching Bad, and wouldn't you know it? My FD makes a cameo! It's funny 'cuz not only did they had to blur out the EMT and FF/Medics faces, but even the Glendale Fire on the side of the ambulance (but yet not on the back of the RA lol) despite the blurs and the fact that they were on screen for all of 30 seconds, I swear I could figure out it was that responded haha

Ah the little joys in life :p

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Huh...So apparently I'm still considered A-Band in the Long Beach Fire Department hiring process....I just got an email from them saying I should turn in a passing Biddle physical ability test between now and April 17th...wow, looks like I'm gonna schedule a Biddle and hit up the gym!!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
You don't. It destroys you and you accept that.
I'll be in CS in June and am looking forward to hitting up Pikes Peak. I'd love to be able to do it weekly!
You can come destroy me on it in June! I'm thinking it's right up your alley @STXmedic . It's only a three mile run back down though...

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
You don't. It destroys you and you accept that.

You can come destroy me on it in June! I'm thinking it's right up your alley @STXmedic . It's only a three mile run back down though...
I've been tempted to sign up for the PP marathon, but I'm afraid going from sea level to a starting elevation of 7,000' is going to kill me... Leadville is very tempting too, but I think that stays closer to 9-10k feet... [emoji15][emoji21]