the 100% directionless thread

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
The EMT was working that bag like a blacksmith stoking a fire to forge horseshoes.

"Whoa brother! Try one squeeze every 6 seconds. You're not inflating a life raft!"

...And they tell me I'm not funny.
Darn those frisky EMTs. [emoji14]

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Darn those frisky EMTs. [emoji14]

If he knew how to do it CORRECTLY,
I would not have been covered with YAK.
If he bagged just a little bit SLOWER,
My clothes would not be in a SACK!
Tipped that head back a little bit FURTHER, it might not have resulted in CHUM.
Or, if he just paid F#%^ing ATTENTION,
I wouldn't have thought him so DUMB!

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I guess my attempt at humor failed miserably.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
If you hadn't posted this literary ART,
I wouldn't have snorted peach smoothie over my freshly written CHART.

Thanks De. The tree gods will not be pleased at my reprinting.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The previous 20 hours were possibly the strangest hours I've ever spent in EMS.

Shift started at 0045. Packed the ambulance with (in additional to the usual accouterments), three coolers of food and beverages, two large backpacks of personal gear, two stoves, and a box of extra supplies.

We then drove to the top of a 14,000 foot tall mountain, where we the only two people for several hours. Usually there are several hundred tourists up there. The visibility was incredible and it was not that cold. We then slept for several hours, before waking up and unpacking our stuff.

We then proceeded to make a pound of bacon on the back bumper. Several Japanese photographers stopped by and put a significant dent in that, before the switch to french toast was made. At this time, the sheik of Qatar arrived at our location in a 1.4 million dollar Porsche. He parked mere feet from our cooking operation and gave us a variety of questionable looks. Also the contrast of a beat up Type II with 250k miles on it next to his car was amazing.

The Pikes Peak Hill Climb then actually started, and we watched them race for a while. Then it started to snow, which it did for an hour. Lightning struck less than 100 yards from the ambulance. We were called to an individual having altitude issues, we arranged for him to be transported by cog railway (a first for me). We went back to listening to Mike Birbiglia and hoping that we wouldn't die. At some point we determined that we had spent 15 straight hours at over 14,000 feet and that was starting to play with my mind a bit (reading my book was tough).

The day concluded with a three hour long traffic jam to drive down the mountain, and the ambulance was probably near catching fire from how steep the road is.

So there's that.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
The previous 20 hours were possibly the strangest hours I've ever spent in EMS.

Shift started at 0045. Packed the ambulance with (in additional to the usual accouterments), three coolers of food and beverages, two large backpacks of personal gear, two stoves, and a box of extra supplies.

We then drove to the top of a 14,000 foot tall mountain, where we the only two people for several hours. Usually there are several hundred tourists up there. The visibility was incredible and it was not that cold. We then slept for several hours, before waking up and unpacking our stuff.

We then proceeded to make a pound of bacon on the back bumper. Several Japanese photographers stopped by and put a significant dent in that, before the switch to french toast was made. At this time, the sheik of Qatar arrived at our location in a 1.4 million dollar Porsche. He parked mere feet from our cooking operation and gave us a variety of questionable looks. Also the contrast of a beat up Type II with 250k miles on it next to his car was amazing.

The Pikes Peak Hill Climb then actually started, and we watched them race for a while. Then it started to snow, which it did for an hour. Lightning struck less than 100 yards from the ambulance. We were called to an individual having altitude issues, we arranged for him to be transported by cog railway (a first for me). We went back to listening to Mike Birbiglia and hoping that we wouldn't die. At some point we determined that we had spent 15 straight hours at over 14,000 feet and that was starting to play with my mind a bit (reading my book was tough).

The day concluded with a three hour long traffic jam to drive down the mountain, and the ambulance was probably near catching fire from how steep the road is.

So there's that.
I missed this excitement by a week?! What the hell?!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I missed this excitement by a week?! What the hell?!
The Hill Climb is a crazy time. They've actually been practicing for the last three weeks.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
15 straight hours at over 14,000 feet

I've been to the top of Pikes Peak and barely lasted 15 minutes... but then again I'm from sea level so theres that. I couldn't imagine 15 hours and snow in June.

patzyboi

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys, I'm just wondering how recent is the emt skills on the nremt. The last time I've seen my skills sheets it's totally different then what I'm seeing now, on the nremt website. Maybe they changed it 1-2 years ago?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
And my Black cloud continues. 5:20 this morning, passenger car versus a log truck. Guess who won? Helicopter couldn't fly because of fog. A long extrication followed by a long ground transport. Acute abdomen, femur fx, possible head, facial fx... What. A. Mess.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
How do you know there's a 2nd alarm structure fire in the neighboring city at 3am? When at 330am, your station gets toned out just so the truck company can pretend they do SSM and go post at another station for coverage lol

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
And my Black cloud continues. 5:20 this morning, passenger car versus a log truck. Guess who won? Helicopter couldn't fly because of fog. A long extrication followed by a long ground transport. Acute abdomen, femur fx, possible head, facial fx... What. A. Mess.

Sounds like a scene from the Final Destination series.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Well it looks like i have some testing to do near Houston coming up

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
How do you know there's a 2nd alarm structure fire in the neighboring city at 3am? When at 330am, your station gets toned out just so the truck company can pretend they do SSM and go post at another station for coverage lol

On large structure fires back in Colorado, the fire department in the city where I worked did something similar. Sometimes an engine not assigned to the call would go all the way to a different station for the cover up, but sometimes they'd find somewhere on the street. We liked to laugh when we saw 4 large firefighters stuffed into an engine posted on a street corner or in an alleyway...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief

Sounds like a scene from the Final Destination series.
Final Destination Log Truck.JPG