texas to california?

bddd

Forum Probie
Im currently going to school in texas for paramedic. December is when i graduate. What are the hoops i will have to jump through to get hired? Will i need my california liscense to apply? Or just my national registery? Im looking to apply with hall ambulance in bakersfield if that makes a difference. Any info about movint to california and/or info about hall is much appriciated.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Kern Co. all I think you need is your national and livescan. For hall ambulance @LACoGurneyjockey @ghost02 could help you out. Hall is a great company in a county with great protocols. Hall is more of a career company then a stepping stone from my understanding.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Why the hell would you leave TX for CA when you work in EMS??
I'll just leave this here...

flood.jpg

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
California's pay is...not desirable
It's even more undesirable when you see the cost of living.

California is even MORE undesirable when you realized the tv shows and commercials lied to you- the beach isn't lined with chiseled out 6 pack Channing Tatum look alikes. It's full of pasty obese tourists.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
.....and California is going to fall into the ocean eventually.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Taxes....

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
California's pay is...not desirable
It's even more undesirable when you see the cost of living.

California is even MORE undesirable when you realized the tv shows and commercials lied to you- the beach isn't lined with chiseled out 6 pack Channing Tatum look alikes. It's full of pasty obese tourists.
You forgot the diapers floating by in the water! lol

OP
OP
B

bddd

Forum Probie
Looked at protocol differences between California and Texas. I think you guys have convinced me to stay.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Looked at protocol differences between California and Texas. I think you guys have convinced me to stay.
Good decision ;) What area will you be working in?