Schertz EMS

Raphael Mayweather

Forum Ride Along
anybody work for schertz ems, was wondering what the testing process is like, possible pay.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I used to work there.

Testing process: Written test that's slightly more difficult than NR, ECG/12 lead test, megacode, then interview with the director and a couple others.

For pay, expect to make in the 40k range, maybe low 50k with OT

OP
OP
R

Raphael Mayweather

Forum Ride Along
Cool, thanks..slightly harder than NR...that's what I wanted to hear...hahaha..New medic, retiring from the military and testing there
I used to work there.

Testing process: Written test that's slightly more difficult than NR, ECG/12 lead test, megacode, then interview with the director and a couple others.

I used to work there.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Cool, thanks..slightly harder than NR...that's what I wanted to hear...hahaha..New medic, retiring from the military and testing there
Were you one of the flight guys that went through Leslie's program?

OP
OP
R

Raphael Mayweather

Forum Ride Along
No..I'm actually up in Wyoming..Will be my first time interviewing for civilian position after twenty years in the military ...little nervous...anything I should brush up on

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
The interview itself is pretty laid back. Dudley is a great guy and EMS Director. He just wants to make sure he's hiring good people who are patient advocates. Just make sure you are pretty solid on your 12 leads for the ECG test.

acolley

Forum Ride Along
Hello! I know it's been almost 10 years since this post, but I was curious of you were talking about the paramedic application process or EMT? Thank you.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Hello! I know it's been almost 10 years since this post, but I was curious of you were talking about the paramedic application process or EMT? Thank you.
They suck now. PM for deets.