Right sided chest pain

Burritomedic1127

Forum Captain
Get called for mid 50s yo male complaining of 8/10 right sided non radiating dull pressure with increasing shortness of breath on exertion. You find the pt sitting in a chair Alert x 4 Breathing 20 per minute, Strong radial pulses in the 100s, skin is diaphoretic. Sinus tach on the monitor and hypertensive, here's the 12:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 306
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 312
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 323

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
S1Q3T3 is more Cor Pulmonale than just PE. Depression in V5 V6 with elevation in aVR, I'd like to see a right sided 12 lead. Lung sounds? Oxygen saturation?

OP
OP
Burritomedic1127

Burritomedic1127

Forum Captain
Right sided 12 lead unremarkable (dont have copy) lungs clear in all fields, 92% on RA, jumps to 95% on 2 lpm NC.

Administered 243mg ASA and one sublingual 0.4mg nitro with pain relief and slight improvement of hypertension

Thinking STEMI or no?

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
As a medic student, my first thought was obvious anterior MI? I'd like to see a BGL. Aspirin, nitro, O2 based on sat.

My second thought was that I really need to put more time into studying EKG's over winter break! My third thought was that I'm glad we have telemetry...

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Not sure where my reply from yesterday went...but to sum it up.

If there is a fever too this scenerio is textbook PE. Not saying it's a slam dunk but that's high on my list.

R sided 12-lead is negative could be NSTEMI. Could be septic too.

She's tolerating CPAP? Good. C3 to cardiac facility, ASA, nitro, and a face mask/gown because it's about to hit the fan.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Right sided 12 lead unremarkable (dont have copy) lungs clear in all fields, 92% on RA, jumps to 95% on 2 lpm NC.

Administered 243mg ASA and one sublingual 0.4mg nitro with pain relief and slight improvement of hypertension

Thinking STEMI or no?

Are you a little dyslexic? :p

I am running on the PE side of things, any recent surgery/trauma/Falls?

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Post op day 3 in original post
You, like me, are getting the two scenario threads confused. This is a separate one than the CPR in progress thread started by @teedubbyaw. That one does have the 3 day post-op PE deal.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
OP
OP
Burritomedic1127

Burritomedic1127

Forum Captain
Haha, so that's where my reply went.

Strangely your answer works. Pt was treated as a STEMI by EMS. 12 lead transmission, ASA, Nitro. Myself and the med control MD I spoke with were most concerned about the somewhat global non specific depressions with elevations in aVR and V1, with V1>aVR. But cardiology thought different...go figure...and the cath lab was not activated. But he was having an NSTEMI with an ejection fraction about 15%

So beano for the half win??

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Ahhh I get you. Nah wasn't my dyslexia kicking in haha it was the Pt already took one 81mg ASA prior and we gave 3 81mg ASA to reach our max dose of 324

Gotcha, I am now picking up what you are putting down, I thought your computer likes to jump to different spaces like mine does when I am trying to type.

OP
OP
Burritomedic1127

Burritomedic1127

Forum Captain
Happens all the time. If I didn't double check my post earlier, that Pt was starving an NSTEMI.

Professional fat kid status when your autocorrects are food related