Replace cpr card or no?

mrc

Forum Crew Member
So my wallet was stolen and my cpr card was in it. I am in the FDNY process and my investigator says I'm being processed for the July class. Should I replace it? Im not currently working my last email job? Are they going to give me a new one?

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
You may be able to just get a reprint. If I were you, I would just contact the training facility and see if they could make you a new one, probably for a small fee.

OP
OP
M

mrc

Forum Crew Member
The thing about it is my card is going expire this August. So I may have to redo it. And I don't want to pay $80. Just to get to the academy and they make me redo it again. From my understanding this is basically a refresher course.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
I'm assuming you have BLS for HCP. There is no " efresher course for that cert, you just have to retake the entire class. Because your cert expires in a few months anyway, you should probably just retake the class.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'm assuming you have BLS for HCP. There is no " efresher course for that cert, you just have to retake the entire class. Because your cert expires in a few months anyway, you should probably just retake the class.

That's not true at all. There most definitely is an AHA BLS refresher class, it's shorter but not by a lot, an hour maybe 2 at the most depending on the instructor. Also costs less than the full class.

For the OP I'd talk to your investigator and find out if you'll need it again for the process. I'm assuming you've already turned everything in. Would suck to get skipped because they were missing it or something. I'd also bet if you needed a copy of it for something you might be able to get that from your investigator. If they're not gonna need it again just wait until you refresh your cert and you'll get a new card.

One nice part about doing all our card courses through our education department is they'll just give us a new card if we lose or destroy the original. If we need multiple classes or repeatedly lose/destroy them they start charging you like $5 per card.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
That's not true at all. There most definitely is an AHA BLS refresher class, it's shorter but not by a lot, an hour maybe 2 at the most depending on the instructor. Also costs less than the full class.

For the OP I'd talk to your investigator and find out if you'll need it again for the process. I'm assuming you've already turned everything in. Would suck to get skipped because they were missing it or something. I'd also bet if you needed a copy of it for something you might be able to get that from your investigator. If they're not gonna need it again just wait until you refresh your cert and you'll get a new card.

One nice part about doing all our card courses through our education department is they'll just give us a new card if we lose or destroy the original. If we need multiple classes or repeatedly lose/destroy them they start charging you like $5 per card.
Really? I don't think i've ever came across a place that offers a refresher, I thought you just retook the class.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
80 bucks? I need to raise my prices apparently lol. And the aha refresher is just a hair shorter than the initial class, so i know a lot of instructors that just do the full class. It also makes it so they can hold one class type for all students.

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
Get the card. Replacements are cheap. You will need it anyway.

Altitudes

Forum Crew Member
This is why I make copies of my cards & carry those in my wallet, while keeping the real ones safe at home.

joshrunkle35

EMT-P/RN
Just retake it. CPR is one thing we should all be 100% at. It's not going to hurt you to take it sooner than you need it. Shop around, you can usually find it for $40-$60.