Priority1 pay rates?

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Any idea what the pay rates for basics are? OT? ect..

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I'd imagine that like most private ambulance companies, their pay probably blows cottage cheese for EMT personnel. I don't think it's much better for Paramedics (the few that they can actually use in that role). I've not seen much of them in years, so I don't know what their current pay scale is. 10 years ago, it was probably in the $8.50 - $9/hr range.

OP
OP
IRIDEZX6R

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
I'd imagine that like most private ambulance companies, their pay probably blows cottage cheese for EMT personnel. I don't think it's much better for Paramedics (the few that they can actually use in that role). I've not seen much of them in years, so I don't know what their current pay scale is. 10 years ago, it was probably in the $8.50 - $9/hr range.

That's what Im assuming too.

TopGun77

Forum Probie
I know another IFT company, in the Bay Area, that I used to work for pays $9 an hour plus $10 per call. It's pretty bad pay, but the companies know there are a bunch of people willing to work it to gain experience.

OP
OP
IRIDEZX6R

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
I know another IFT company, in the Bay Area, that I used to work for pays $9 an hour plus $10 per call. It's pretty bad pay, but the companies know there are a bunch of people willing to work it to gain experience.

Ya, I talked to the HR gal at p1 yesterday. They start at 10.50 for attendants and once you get EVOC trainined you get a raise. But they only pay 14 hours on 24's and no holiday pay until the second year. This is why I hate unions..

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Before the union we had no sick time and i was making 8.50 an hour. After thee union I'm making as much or more as a new medic and its getting hard to get rid of worthless people.

That is why I'm on the fence with unions

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
OP
IRIDEZX6R

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Ya, I've seen both good and bad come from unions..

adamjh3

I don't know how it is up in LA, but I haven't had any OT in over 2 months - and that includes 24s not getting paid in full.

OP
OP
IRIDEZX6R

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
I don't know how it is up in LA, but I haven't had any OT in over 2 months - and that includes 24s not getting paid in full.

-____- where I used to work OT was anything over 8 hours... whats the OT rules over there?

adamjh3

You only get OT once you've gone over 40hrs/week.