Please tell me about Liberty Ambulance on Ridgecrest

Francisco

Forum Crew Member
Can someone be kind enough to tell me everything about Liberty ambulance in Ridgecrest, thank you in advance

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Can someone be kind enough to tell me everything about Liberty ambulance in Ridgecrest, thank you in advance
Good pay, decent amount of calls, great scope of practice. If you get stationed at the Lake you will have a great time, decent amount of down time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Francisco

Francisco

Forum Crew Member
Good pay, decent amount of calls, great scope of practice. If you get stationed at the Lake you will have a great time, decent amount of down time.

Ok thank you very much definitely sounds like I should apply there as my first EMT job

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief

I guess that depends what your definition of "Good pay" is. Its not bad, but there is a large asterisk.

EMTs make minimum wage last I checked. They work 72s and 96s, but EMTs only get paid 13 of each of their 24 hours (as long as they sleep. Sleepless nights get paid more, but expect sleep.) Paramedics do get paid the full 24 hours, with pay around $11/hr starting.

The rest is accurate. Protocols are good. The area is served by 2 small community hospitals, so any trauma, stroke, stemi is flown out.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I guess that depends what your definition of "Good pay" is. Its not bad, but there is a large asterisk.

EMTs make minimum wage last I checked. They work 72s and 96s, but EMTs only get paid 13 of each of their 24 hours (as long as they sleep. Sleepless nights get paid more, but expect sleep.) Paramedics do get paid the full 24 hours, with pay around $11/hr starting.

The rest is accurate. Protocols are good. The area is served by 2 small community hospitals, so any trauma, stroke, stemi is flown out.
They can always go to Hall right? [emoji6] [emoji1]

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
I made a pretty detailed thread about Liberty if you search for it. Any specific questions not already answered I'd be happy to address.

Reactions: NPO

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Eeeek.... that frightens me significantly. :(
Do a search on the forum. No shortage of people complaining about Liberty LA/OC.

I once transported one of their EMTs and when I asked why he didn't have Liberty transport him, he laughed and said "I'd never let them transport me."

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief

In regards to the pay, you're mostly right. As an EMT I was taking home between $900-1050 on average every two weeks. Medics start at $60k/year.