Paramedic School

281mustang

Forum Lieutenant
I'm trying to decide which Medic school to go to, this is the one I'm looking at right now. To my knowledge programs Paramedic programs are only required to be xxx amount of hours but what they actually teach regulated, so how does this fair against other programs? This one works best for me as far as start date, location, ect. but I'm pretty much open to any school in the southeast. Thanks.

BSC 2020C - Human Biology [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This course is an introduction to the science of biology with emphasis on cells and tissues, body organization, homeostasis, body systems, regulation and integration of body parts, reproduction, development and heredity, disease and disorder.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Degrees Offered
A.A., A.S., A.A.S.

Credit Hours: 4
Contact Hours: 3 lecture hours; 2 laboratory hours

*BSC 2085C and BSC 2086C may be substituted for BSC 2020C. Students who complete BSC 2085C prior to entering the paramedic program should take BSC 2086C during the first semester of the paramedic program.
EMS 2611 - Paramedic Module I, Preparatory [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This course is the first module in a three-term sequence of instruction for the EMT paramedic. Instruction includes fundamentals of paramedic practice, wellbeing, medico/legal aspects and pathophysiology.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prerequisites
EMS 1119 and EMS 1401

Corequisites
BSC 2020C

Degrees Offered
A.S., A.A.S.

Credit Hours: 4
Contact Hours: 4

EMS 2611L - Paramedic Module I, Pharmacology Lab [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This course is a lab module and is one in a three-term of instruction for the EMT-paramedic. Instruction includes pharmacology, medication administration, and I.V. access.
Prerequisites
EMS 1119, EMS 1401, EMS 2611 and BSC 2020C

Degrees Offered
A.S., A.A.S.

Credit Hours: 2
Contact Hours: 1 lecture hour; 1 laboratory hour

EMS 2612L - Paramedic Module II Airway [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This course is lab module two in a sequence of instruction for EMT-paramedic. Instruction includes airway anatomy, ventilation management, and advanced airway procedures.
Prerequisites

Degrees Offered
A.S., A.A.S.

Credit Hours: 1
Contact Hours: 0.5 lecture hour; 0.5 laboratory hour

EMS 2613L - Paramedic Module III, Patient Assessment [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This course is module three in a sequence of instruction for EMT-paramedic. Instruction includes patient assessment skills on both the basic and advanced levels.
Prerequisites

Degrees Offered
A.S., A.A.S.

Credit Hours: 3
Contact Hours: 2 lecture hours; 1 laboratory hour

EMS 2614 - Paramedic Module IV, Trauma [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This course is module four in a sequence of instruction for EMT-paramedic. Instruction includes mechanism of injury analysis, trauma resuscitation, and advanced trauma management.
Prerequisites

Degrees Offered
A.S., A.A.S.

Contact Hours: 2

EMS 2615 - Paramedic Module V, Medical [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This course is module five in a sequence of instruction for EMT-paramedic. Instruction includes respiratory, cardiac, renal, environmental, behavioral, and other medical emergencies management.
Prerequisites
EMS 2611, EMS 2611L, EMS 2612L, EMS 2613L, EMS 2666 and EMS 2614

Corequisites
EMS 2615L and EMS 2667

Degrees Offered
A.S., A.A.S.

Credit Hours: 6
Contact Hours: 6

EMS 2615L - Paramedic Module V, Medical Lab [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This course is lab Module V in a sequence of instruction for EMT-paramedic. Instruction includes recognition and management of cardiac and obstetrical emergencies and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
Prerequisites

Corequisites
EMS 2615 and EMS 2667

Degrees Offered
A.S., A.A.S.

Contact Hours: 2 lecture hours; 1 laboratory hour

EMS 2616 - Paramedic Module VI, Special Considerations [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This course is module VI in a sequence of instruction for EMT-paramedic. Instruction includes: neonatology, pediatrics, geriatrics, abuse and assault, and chronic care patient management.
Prerequisites
EMS 2615, EMS 2615L and EMS 2667

Degrees Offered
A.S., A.A.S.

Contact Hours: 3

EMS 2617L - Paramedic Module VII, Assessment Based Lab [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This course is module VII in a sequence of instruction for EMT-paramedic. Instruction includes hands-on experience in mastering patient assessment techniques. Also includes skills labs in pediatric and trauma management.
Prerequisites

Degrees Offered
A.S., A.A.S.

Contact Hours: 2 lecture hours; 2 laboratory hours

EMS 2618L - Paramedic Module VIII, Operations Lab [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This course is module VIII in a sequence of instruction for EMT-paramedic. Instruction includes hazardous materials, multiple casualty incidents, ambulance operations, rescue awareness, and crime scene awareness.
Prerequisites

Degrees Offered
A.S., A.A.S.

Credit Hours: 1
Contact Hours: 0.5 lecture hour; 0.5 laboratory hour

EMS 2659 - Paramedic Field Internship [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This course is the final course in the EMT-paramedic sequence. The student will be expected to function as a team leader onboard Advanced Life Support transport vehicles to provide patient care as well as interact with hospital staff.
Prerequisites

Degrees Offered
A.S., A.A.S.

Contact Hours: 16 field internship hours

EMS 2666 - Paramedic Clinical I [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This is the first clinical course in a sequence of instruction for EMT-paramedic. Activities include emergency room experience and rescue experience.
Prerequisites

Degrees Offered
A.S., A.A.S.

Contact Hours: 10 clinical hours

EMS 2667 - Paramedic Clinical II [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This is the second clinical course in the paramedic sequence. Clinical rotations include: Emergency department, Intensive Care Units, Labor and Delivery, and rescue clinical.
Prerequisites

Degrees Offered
A.S., A.A.S.

Contact Hours: 10 clinical hours

EMS 2668 - Paramedic Clinical III [Add to portfolio.] [Print this Course]
This is the third clinical course in a sequence of instruction for EMT-paramedic. Clinical rotations include: Operating room, pediatrics, morgue, psychiatric, and home health.
Prerequisites

Degrees Offered
A.S., A.A.S.

Contact Hours: 6 clinical hours

Last edited by a moderator:

reaper

Working Bum
Where are you located? Someone may be able to recommend a good school for you.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
What program are you quoting from?

Can you provide a link?

OP
OP

281mustang

Forum Lieutenant
Where are you located? Someone may be able to recommend a good school for you.
Pinellas county Florida, I'm satisfied with the school I'm getting my FF 1&2/EMT-B from but I've lived here all my life and I'd like to move.
What program are you quoting from?

Can you provide a link?
http://catalog.fccj.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=1&poid=46

If you don't see the program you're interested in listed here:

http://www.caahep.org/Find_An_Accredited_Program.aspx

I would seriously reconsider that program.

Or, you can use the link to find an accredited program in your area.

Good luck.
Yeah, I've been using the equivalent(the accredited EMT/Medic listing on JEMS.) That's how I found the one in Jacksonville.

OP
OP

281mustang

Forum Lieutenant
Whoops, I just noticed there is an Education and Training section a few sections down. Can a mod move the thread?