"Orange Book" good study guide for NREMT?

Loki Grim

Forum Probie
Hi,

I just passed my EMT-B course on 5-27-15. We used Emergency Care And Transportation Of The Sick And Injured 10th edition. The last half of the course which covered trauma was extremely rushed, I believe 90% of that class including myself had an extremely hard time absorbing any of the information taught. I'm not complaining, I believe the instructor did what she could within the time frame of the course, but the issues with rushing through the trauma section still exist. So, I believe it's in my best interest to take a month or two to study for the NREMT on the areas that were hard to learn in that class environment. I was wondering if the book mentioned above can function as a study guide for the NREMT written test? Also I've been looking at practice exams for the NREMT, it seems like the class that I was in had been taught the right material but not in the right order for scenario based questions... Hypoglycemic patient who is A&O x 3 with deep and rapid respiration, our class would have been correct in saying that patient should first be put on 15L/min of oxygen via Non-rebreather mask but in most of these practice tests it seems like the right thing to do first would be to administer a tube or oral glucose.

- Sorry about any grammar mistakes, twenty four hours awake. Any responses would be much appreciated.

kc9cqr

Forum Ride Along
I would schedule your test as soon as you can. It isn't a one and out kind of deal. Your best chance of passing in theory would be right out of class.

Mike