Opportunities around Knoxville

PirateMedic3

Forum Probie
Hello everyone, I was looking at some insight on EMS in or around Knoxville. Is it just R/M that does 911? I am a Medic look to relocate.

TNEMT123

Forum Ride Along
Rural/Metro is the city and county 911 provider, but you have Priority Ambulance, Life Guard Ambulance and Life Care EMS who all provide back up 911 for R/M and they regularly get pulled into the system. R/M is not a bad place to work and needs medics right now. The other services pay a little more but mostly do BLS IFT work, with the occasional private caller emergency or 911 roll over. If you have any questions, PM me as I live and work in Knoxville. :)

OP
OP
P

PirateMedic3

Forum Probie
Rural/Metro is the city and county 911 provider, but you have Priority Ambulance, Life Guard Ambulance and Life Care EMS who all provide back up 911 for R/M and they regularly get pulled into the system. R/M is not a bad place to work and needs medics right now. The other services pay a little more but mostly do BLS IFT work, with the occasional private caller emergency or 911 roll over. If you have any questions, PM me as I live and work in Knoxville. :)

Ive heard that AMR has now bought R/M. I wonder if this is going to be an issue for employment. Id rather not do IFT i love the 911 scene but I guess i can't be picky. Im just hoping pay rate is comparable within the system I work in NC.

TNEMT123

Forum Ride Along
Ive heard that AMR has now bought R/M. I wonder if this is going to be an issue for employment. Id rather not do IFT i love the 911 scene but I guess i can't be picky. Im just hoping pay rate is comparable within the system I work in NC.
I can tell you that R/M is hiring medics and offering sign on bonuses. Everyone that I've talked to seems to think the AMR merger will only bring good things.