Ohio AEMT Class?

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Curious if any Ohio EMS members can clue me into an AEMT class. I missed out on the ones that just started. Looking for a class I can complete by the end of July (annual training for Guard in August).

Why not go for medic? (anticipating the eventual derail)

- can't start a medic class till fall - annual training

- work for a small rural IFT that has a plethora of basics but only a few medics. If I can knock something out quick and be more valuable all the better. And they'll pay for certs.

- better chance at getting a county 911 with AEMT and escaping IFT

Bluegreen45

Forum Ride Along
What area are you looking in? What is the furthest you can drive? Are you closest to Cincinnati, Cleveland, Toledo, Columbus, etc?

OP
OP
Lo2w

Lo2w

Forum Captain
I'm in Central Ohio but can make it work to go anywhere.

Bluegreen45

Forum Ride Along
I looked in northwest Ohio for a different user and none of the schools I knew about had the advance EMT which surprises me. It used to be a big push for people to be an intermediate before going medic. Although maybe times changed and they are more like Michigan

OP
OP
Lo2w

Lo2w

Forum Captain
I looked in northwest Ohio for a different user and none of the schools I knew about had the advance EMT which surprises me. It used to be a big push for people to be an intermediate before going medic. Although maybe times changed and they are more like Michigan

There's one school in SE Ohio that is still having you do AEMT as part of the medic school which is one I am leaning towards. I have another I talked to that may be starting in the next few months but I don't think their schedule works with mine.