NREMT & LA County CE? Continuing Education? Renewal?

OhItzJimmy

Forum Crew Member
First off, I am a LA (Los Angeles) County EMT. I hear different things about renewing my license. I heard you don't have to renew your NREMT if you just want to keep your California EMT license... But I want to renew both my NREMT & my LA County, can I take some courses online to renew them both? Or do I have to renew them separately? I heard there's a course you can take with AMR to renew your LA County in 1-2 days. For the NREMT can I just take CE courses online or do I have to do skills?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
First off, I am a LA (Los Angeles) County EMT. I hear different things about renewing my license. I heard you don't have to renew your NREMT if you just want to keep your California EMT license... But I want to renew both my NREMT & my LA County, can I take some courses online to renew them both? Or do I have to renew them separately? I heard there's a course you can take with AMR to renew your LA County in 1-2 days. For the NREMT can I just take CE courses online or do I have to do skills?
Distance CME offers everything you need for both your county and national in form of CE. Your skills verification must be done in person. For that Schaefer and AMR offer it annual but you can also check out emergency concepts by Fred Miller who does do skills verification.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk