Met state requirements but program still wants to fail me

281mustang

Forum Lieutenant
Really not sure if it has any validity to if or who I would contact regarding it if so.

I completed a Paramedic program in the state of Texas, they have a program policy that states paperwork must be turned in within 7 days. I have failed to meet this policy but have passed the final and completed all my hour/skill requirements that are required by the program/state. Problem is they basically told me to pound sand after turning everything in because I failed to meet their 7 day requirement.

Do they have the flexability to not grade my paperwork after I've already completed everything, or is the program held to a state or national standard to pass a student if all the requirements have been met?

Thanks!

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
The state does not set program policy. If you failed to comply with the policy they have every right to fail you.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
The state does not set program policy. If you failed to comply with the policy they have every right to fail you.

+1

You did not comply with the standards the program set forth, and they have the right to fail you for it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
It's worth pursuing but it sounds like you might be stuck up :censored::censored::censored::censored: creek without a paddle.

You were so close dude, paperwork is a big part of our job.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Really not sure if it has any validity to if or who I would contact regarding it if so.

I completed a Paramedic program in the state of Texas, they have a program policy that states paperwork must be turned in within 7 days. I have failed to meet this policy but have passed the final and completed all my hour/skill requirements that are required by the program/state. Problem is they basically told me to pound sand after turning everything in because I failed to meet their 7 day requirement.

Do they have the flexability to not grade my paperwork after I've already completed everything, or is the program held to a state or national standard to pass a student if all the requirements have been met?

Thanks!

It isn't that the program wants to fail you it is that you didn't follow established guidelines they have set. Did you not know the rules or just feel they didn't apply to you? I am not trying to be an *** but your post screams of .... It is all their fault , I didn't do anything wrong, they are all against me. That may not be the way you ment to come off but that is how I and probably others will see it.

You should talk to the head of your program or your advisor if you can't get anything from your instructor.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
There's got to be more to this story.....

Agreed. If a medic student doesn't turn in their paperwork in 10 days, and the deadline is seven days… Most program coordinators would bend the rules. I'm curious what the real story is.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
My guess, and that's all this is, a guess, is that the rules have been bent already or this guy was given a long leash already. Most program directors will let you off the hook once or twice for late paperwork, even without an excuse other than just that you forgot it, but generally, if it happens consistently, it might just wear on them and they'll ultimately draw a line in the sand...