Looking at Denver Health

Doczilla

Forum Captain
Hey guys, I need a little inside information on DH. I'm an Army Combat Medic ETSing in late 2012, and Colorado is my next stop. Unfortunately, the Army does not provide a civillian equivelant of certification to reflect the training and clinical time we receive over here, so I'll be putting in applications with an EMT card. I know this limits my choices dramatically, but I'm hoping that 8 years of combined third-service EMS and military medical experience [Including an Afghanistan deployment I'm finishing up now] will help me out. With that in mind, I have just a few questions I'm hoping someone will answer:

Does DH even still hire EMT's? The website was inconclusive.

If so, is the pay even remotely enough to live on?

Does DH sponsor or at least accomidate Paramedic school students? That's my next step after finding a job.

If the answer to the first question is no, are there any municipalities in the area that still hire EMT's?

Any information would be appreciated.

V/R,

John

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
DH does not hire EMTs from what I understand. Rural/Metro hires EMTs I believe so does Pridemark but R/M just bought them so I don't know how you'd go applying for them. AMR is around too, mostly if not all IFTs.

R/M is the 911 provider for Aurora but AFD is the medical authority, doesn't make a lot of sense but what can ya do? Pridemark used to do 911 for Boulder County but they may have lost that contract.

I'm pretty sure Flight for Life hires EMTs as well but all you'd be doing would be driving a CCT team around.

I lived in Boulder for a while, not just a random person talking out of their *** haha.

edit: called pridemark paramedics plus, it's getting late.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMSBabe18

Forum Probie
Hi, hopefully I can answer your questions completely.

The denver health ER does hire EMTs as techs. Most of us are Basics with IV and at least basic EKG certifications. The DH paramedic division hires some emts for field work but they are mostly paramedics on the rigs.

Pay is decent. It's not a lot but is enough to live on.

DH has a fantastic paramedic program. There are a couple different options but we train some of the best medics around. All of the clinicals are either within the DH Hospital (ER, OR, labor & delivery, etc) and on the DH paramedic rigs.

Good luck and hope to see you around!

Lauren