Kaiser ER Tech

okayestEMT

Forum Probie
Anyone on here work for Kaiser in Orange County as an ER Tech? I just got hired and while the pay is insanely good for an EMT I'm only per diem....anyone have any insight as to how quickly they can move you to full time or part time, or the average hours you work being on call? While I wouldn't mind getting a second part time job I can't stand working on an ambulance here in SoCal. I recently moved back to the area after living in Austin for a year and working for Austin / Travis County EMS. Not that the 911 private ambulance company I was working for here in SoCal just recently was a bad company, but the pay and patient care that an EMT can provide in orange county quickly turned me off from the rigs.

LanceCorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone on here work for Kaiser in Orange County as an ER Tech? I just got hired and while the pay is insanely good for an EMT I'm only per diem....anyone have any insight as to how quickly they can move you to full time or part time, or the average hours you work being on call? While I wouldn't mind getting a second part time job I can't stand working on an ambulance here in SoCal. I recently moved back to the area after living in Austin for a year and working for Austin / Travis County EMS. Not that the 911 private ambulance company I was working for here in SoCal just recently was a bad company, but the pay and patient care that an EMT can provide in orange county quickly turned me off from the rigs.

Move out of California. Problem solved.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
Show up. Work hard. Be likable. Learn. Find dirt on your boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LanceCorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
Did that, came back. I'm not looking to make EMS a career, so CA isn't really the issue. If I was I would have stayed in Texas.
What are your career plans if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
okayestEMT

okayestEMT

Forum Probie
OkayestEMT How many hrs a week are you working? if you don't mind me asking
I still have a few more scheduled shifts where I'm shadowing another EMT. But from what it sounds like talking to some managers and the person in charge of making the schedule it will be about 24-36 hours (2-3 shifts) a week due to how busy it's been.