Idaho Paramedics

Ginger Medic

Forum Probie
Anyone work in Idaho? What department and how do you like it? I'm interested in third service, not fire. Currently looking into Ada County Paramedics. Thanks!

Angel

Paramedic
There's like 1 thread on ada on here you might be able to find. Not a lot of users work/have worked there but it seems to be the holy grail for some.

OP
OP
Ginger Medic

Ginger Medic

Forum Probie
Thanks!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Ada is hiring right now

OP
OP
Ginger Medic

Ginger Medic

Forum Probie
Yeah, i saw that. I can't move out there this year but hoping they'll hire again in 2016.

Grozler

Forum Crew Member
My 100000% dirt bag paramedic program director worked at Ada prior to burning my paramedic program to the ground. For what it's worth, he had really good things to say about it. (Also a guy in my program got hired there and liked it.)

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Ada county and canyon county paramedics are both good agencies. Elmore County is also ALS which is staffed through st Luke's hospital. Gem County has great protocols but pay is less than the other three but still great agency. PM me with any questions.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Awesome! Thanks!
No Problem, Elmore County runs off the State protocols. Ada has their own, google ada county paramedics SWO and you can find them. Gem county pretty much follows Ada County Protocols. Canyon County has their protocols on there website also under TVEMSS section.

Also just to add, Twin Falls which is Southeast of Boise usually has medic positions they are also through St. Luke's Hospital.

bizzy522

Forum Crew Member
EMT11KDL is this *redacted by moderator*?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegasmedic

Forum Crew Member
I worked for Elmore county and did my internship at Ada county, not to mention going to medic school at college of western Idaho, so I can give you some inside if needed.