I NEED A JOB

lane38

Forum Ride Along
I am a paramedic with 7 years of service. I have been off of the truck for three years and it seems no one will give me a chance. I am willing to relocate for the right career. I am currently unemployment so I can start asap! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
are you currently certified? where do you live? where do you WANT to live? how much money do you need?

OP
OP
lane38

lane38

Forum Ride Along
I am an nremt p, inactive of course. Licensed in MS only. When I resigned from NMMC I was making 16.90. I loved working for them but i had an opportunity I couldnt pass up. I worked on the pipeline from the end of 2012 to Jan 2015. No regrets but now I need a stable job for my boys. I want to stay in ms or surrounding states but thats not looking like it's going to happen.

OP
OP
lane38

lane38

Forum Ride Along
I have never actually considered Cali. Would relocation assistance be available. That's quite a long trip. I do have family in California though.

PRN AMBULANCE

Forum Ride Along
We do not offer relocation assistance, but we do offer a sign on bonus. $500.00 for full time and $250.00 for part time employees. I hope this helps but if you have any other questions please feel free to email me: <moderator edit: email address removed>

Please send member a Private Conversation (PC) if you have questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Acadian (Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas) isn't terrible if you need money, but the corporate culture is very profit-oriented and I disagree with their medicine and operations. With that being said, patch and a pulse hiring and the pay isn't super-terrible.

Pafford EMS is also in Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana and is a somewhat-viable alternative.

AMR is in Jackson, MS.