I am lost.

Twitch559

Forum Crew Member
To start things off, I am 19 years old and have already passed my NREMT test to be an EMT-B/1. I live in Tulare county, California and i do not know what to do next.

I know i need to get my state and county certs and my ambulance drivers lic, but i really need help directing me which i need to get done first.

any and all productive input is greatly appreciated.

Superman0209

Forum Ride Along
Hey twitch,
What you are going to do is go to your local EMS agency turn in everything required and wait for your state card. After you get that than you can go take the ambulance drivers test. For you the ems agency is
Our Location: 1221 Fulton Mall, 5th Floor
P O Box 11867, Fresno CA 93775-1867
new.gif
(559) 600-3387 FAX (559) 600-7691
Contact us by email. ccemsa@co.fresno.ca.us
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Contact them, they will tell you what to bring with your application. Pay the fee and you can apply for jobs once you get the state card.

OP
OP
T

Twitch559

Forum Crew Member
So i get county when i start work at a company?

Superman0209

Forum Ride Along
No. You get your county card from the state. You Have to fill an application out, pay the fee and then they send you a county card in the mail. The application requires things like your cert of completion, bls healthcare provider, driver license(government id) stuff like that. You turn it all in and pay the fee and receive your county card in the mail from the agency. After you get your card from the mail you can apply to companies. They do have companies that allow you to only attend so I wouldn't worry about your ambulance drivers license right away.

OP
OP
T

Twitch559

Forum Crew Member
Thank you so much

As I (and many others) look into all the certs and what not, its kind of thrown at us and no real order. Our instructor never really told us about what to do after NR.