How do you handle your stress?

Texasmedic28

Forum Ride Along
Finally had the courage to tell the dr I needed help. Turns out I was defecient in a lot of vitamins due to poor diet and night shifts.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
For me, running is my stress relief. I know many that turn to exercise, and it seems to be very beneficial on multiple fronts.*

Along with running, tinkering with things/projects let me tune out the world and relax.

Find what you like to do and makes you happy (that's not work related) and try to use that.

*If you don't already exercise regularly, starting up may be physically difficult and draining. But once you start getting in better shape it becomes more enjoyable and you start feeling the benefits.

OP
OP
T

Texasmedic28

Forum Ride Along
I try and run but Tx summers are brutal so I do more swimming. :p

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
My best stress reliever is being out in the brush, woods, whatever, nature. tI also relaxes me to go shoot. If there is a season for something then it's a twofer. No open season, then it's wonderful to hear the "ting" from shooting metal silhouettes. Old rock music helps sometimes too. At others, reading a good book, historical fiction is usually pretty good.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Reading, movies, hiking, powerlifting. Sometimes talking to people whose opinions I respect, but not too much. My home is my fortified castle, nothing and no one can touch me there.

Tour 1

Forum Probie
Exercise.
Find a hobby unrelated to police, fire, EMS. Make friends outside of your work.
A lot of people use drugs/etoh to deal with stress.
Don't do this.

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Cycling and when I am home video games.

JohnTheEMT

Forum Crew Member
Camping and enjoying the wilderness while reading a book in peace is awesome. Another thing i do is hangout with my friends that aren't work related and talk about other things that are unrelated to our jobs.

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Camping and enjoying the wilderness while reading a book in peace is awesome. Another thing i do is hangout with my friends that aren't work related and talk about other things that are unrelated to our jobs.
Yeah man, camping is a great stress relief.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Hookers and blow...
Less than healthy, but this guy approves
latest

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Just depends on my mood and how motivated I feel. Low motivated = Archer and all my rock music on Spotify. High motivation = fishing, hunting, and the gym.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Sleeping, eating, and computer games.

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Climbing and rappelling. Initially got into it for SAR, but a few of us go out for fun every once in a while. Other hobby is programming, but that is more maintenance during the school year and building new things during the breaks.

Having a hobby is key, I'd say even if it is related. Something you can fall back on.

OCEMTDOC

Forum Ride Along
I like to work out that helps a tremendous amount. I also like to get some alone time and zone out for awhile and not worry about any responsibility.