FDNY EMS Candidates

Stavie670

Forum Lieutenant
Sneakers and sweats. You will be trying on a ton of clothes and will be required to run alittle

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
[QUOTE="Stavie670, post: 638892, member: 29288"]So people at metro tec said to wear duty boots to orientation and the guys and the quartermaster said to wear the dress shoes. Also people at metro tec said to wear collar brass and guys at quartermaster said no to wear them. Can anyone clarify as to what needs to be worn on Monday![/QUOTE]

Last I recall Orientation dress attire was work pants, boots, long sleeve light blue shirt, BI Jacket and cover (Hat no pin)
No Collar brass nor Hat pin, Those you earn at the end of the academy.
Don't know why quarter master would tell you what to wear they just supply you with your uniform.
Metrotec is who you listen to.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
What did you wear to the quartermaster? Casual attire like the last we went to metro tech?
I wore workout pants basic white tee and sneakers.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Here is the paper I got before I left quartermaster.
0b27c57e99a9011dcfdafd23c6a1ef1d.jpg

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Can anyone tell us what the red sweat pants and sweater are for?

Jaybone977

Forum Crew Member
I'm list number 328 and haven't gotten called yet. I sent an email to my investigator to ask if I'm getting into this class or no. She has not responded. Should I wait longer? Should I start looking for a new option or a new job now? I work for a transport company and I'm getting really sick and tired of working there and doing non emergency work. Should I think I'm not getting in this class coming up?

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Cold weather PT, they wear the shorts for the summer
Make sure you write your name on EVERYTHING
Thanks Techlife. Do we bring all our stuff on the first day of academy? As I'm washing it, putting my name and like to know if I can put it in my black duffle bag.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
I'm list number 328 and haven't gotten called yet. I sent an email to my investigator to ask if I'm getting into this class or no. She has not responded. Should I wait longer? Should I start looking for a new option or a new job now? I work for a transport company and I'm getting really sick and tired of working there and doing non emergency work. Should I think I'm not getting in this class coming up?
Hold off on bothering your investigator, that's not who calls you. They can call you Sunday. No news is good news, stick out your job because if you change something than you have to update your work history.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

On Exam 6003 ? You have all your paperwork in ? so if you haven't gotten a call and not DQed, I would shoot another E mail wouldn't hurt but don't recommend it.
and they don't stop calling til the very end, so don't be surprised if you get a call the day before the academy starts. (Happens all the time)
I know all about transport that is how many of us have started out, only thing I can tell you brother is stick it out, But remember you change jobs you have to let your investigator know as it is a change of work history, ( Could hinder you with time). Patience is a virtue. If The FDNY is what you want then wait it out.
Good luck and let us know when you get the call.

Last edited:

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Thanks Techlife. Do we bring all our stuff on the first day of academy? As I'm washing it, putting my name and like to know if I can put it in my black duffle bag.

Oh YES !!! you will be getting books one is the size of a small car lol.
bring your PT clothes, you will be using it. I suggest you leave them in your locker. Just make sure you take them home to get washed.
The lockers have hooks inside of them, I suggest drawstring bags to keep your changes of clothes, PT clotes, Toiletries, Towel, ets Hangers .
This keep the locker floor clear for your PT bag and room.

Jaybone977

Forum Crew Member
On Exam 6003 ? You have all your paperwork in ? so if you haven't gotten a call and not DQed, I would shoot another E mail wouldn't hurt but don't recommend it.
and they don't stop calling til the very end, so don't be surprised if you get a call the day before the academy starts. (Happens all the time)
I know all about transport that is how many of us have started out, only thing I can tell you brother is stick it out, But remember you change jobs you have to let your investigator know as it is a change of work history, ( Could hinder you with time). Patience is a virtue. If The FDNY is what you want then wait it out.
Good luck and let us know when you get the call.
Yes 6003