FDNY EMS Candidates

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Will we be able to switch tours with someone who wants to? For example it's extremely hard for me right now to work the 330 to 1130pm...I mean I'll make it work for me if I have to but I heard if someone in the morning class wants the night class we can switch!?!? If so...does anyone need the night tour instead? ??

I'm pretty sure you can. If you find someone to swap though. Body for body. Ask your lt the first day

Robert447

Forum Probie
Psych exam before medical exam? I got my letter for my psych at the end of the month. Anyone else going July 30 (Saturday), not Sunday as stated on the paperwork?
Got my medical already path on the 30th of July that Saturday. Question for everybody, has anybody had an issue with the Pulmonary Function Test (PFT)? I am going to my doctor to get my lungs checked but I couldn't meet the minimum requirements for EMS, but I feel normal and perfectly fine.

orj91

Forum Probie
what's the furthest distance you guys in the academy have had to run?? I think I'm ready I just want to know what to expect.

Ambulance402

Forum Crew Member
So how many of u guys plan on taking the promotional to be a fireman ? Lol

Well I want to do the Medic Basic class but from what I heard its extreamly hard to get into so ill probably apply for the promo if possible to broaden my opertunitys. Im 23 years old with no college so the department is all I got goin for me as of right now. Will the July class be eligible for the promotion to fire? Class starts the 26th

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Wassup guys ! Im in Exam 5003 & my LIST number is in the early 1400's ! My investigator told me there is An emt CLASS starting late July so when they get to my LIST number she said i'll get a call ! Sooo will i be called for the July CLASS or the next CLASS after the July CLASS ? HELP LOL - my LIST number is in the early 1400's ¡ Exam 5003

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Well I want to do the Medic Basic class but from what I heard its extreamly hard to get into so ill probably apply for the promo if possible to broaden my opertunitys. Im 23 years old with no college so the department is all I got goin for me as of right now. Will the July class be eligible for the promotion to fire? Class starts the 26th
No from what I heard our class graduating is the last class eligible for the fire promo exam

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
No from what I heard our class graduating is the last class eligible for the fire promo exam
Who told u that?
The July 26th class getting in will be eligible to take the promotional, the filing is In August and u guys get sworn in the 25th. U only need one day on the job to file for the exam. You'll be fine. Melemtnyc, who did u hear that from. Maybe something changed. But if it's rumors amongst ems dudes at the academy. They're wrong

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Who told u that?
The July 26th class getting in will be eligible to take the promotional, the filing is In August and u guys get sworn in the 25th. U only need one day on the job to file for the exam. You'll be fine. Melemtnyc, who did u hear that from. Maybe something changed. But if it's rumors amongst ems dudes at the academy. They're wrong
It actually came from a few instructors bcuz this question was asked a million times lol. Even though it's in August the terms of employment are for employees on before June I believe they were saying.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
It actually came from a few instructors bcuz this question was asked a million times lol. Even though it's in August the terms of employment are for employees on before June I believe they were saying.
Ah okay so something Changed. We will find out when someone asks Peggy Quinn at orientation lol it was asked at the academy?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Just doesn't make sense. Why June? If the filing is August and next class will be in for August lol. They'll be good I'm almost positive. Read notice or exam 2500. Go to the bottom, where it says SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS or something, read that. Even the class AFTER the July one should be eligible as long as they're on before the DATE OF THE TEST

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Whoever is in the July class can take promo. Once you swear in (july 25th) you are eligible because youre on the job now.

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
If you go to the academy out of shape it is on you and only you. If you go in with the mentality that you are going to fail you are taking a slot away from someone else who IS ready. If you are nervous about push ups or running or whatever you should have started working out a while ago...

and the "outstanding certification" status finally pays me a visit. I'm on 6003 list num 1XX . Anybody ever figure out the deal with this? I've heard everything from you being under review by the supervising investigator and then on the other end of the spectrum I heard you can be in the next batch of candidates to be called (which i deem unlikely being that we have some more 5003 to get after). What do you think J? Have you called DCAS? I was getting curious.

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
My understanding of being on outstanding certification means that your list # is part of a group of numbers that is included in the next hiring round.... if you are NOT on outstanding certification, it means that your list # hasn't been reached yet, or skipped over for some reason....

Anyone know if this is accurate?

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
and the "outstanding certification" status finally pays me a visit. I'm on 6003 list num 1XX . Anybody ever figure out the deal with this? I've heard everything from you being under review by the supervising investigator and then on the other end of the spectrum I heard you can be in the next batch of candidates to be called (which i deem unlikely being that we have some more 5003 to get after). What do you think J? Have you called DCAS? I was getting curious.

Outstanding certification means you're not eligible at the moment to be hired as your file is pending review by a senior investigator.