FDNY EMS Candidates

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
Dude, so not an issue. They only ask what you've eaten and drank in the past 24 hours.
So did you check no for the alcohol box? Asking because lets be real, a lot of people have had a beer in their life before applying to this job lol

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
So did you check no for the alcohol box? Asking because lets be real, a lot of people have had a beer in their life before applying to this job lol
It's very specific. List everything you've eaten or drank in the past 24 hours. Including alcohol. I do not recall having to answer anything along those lines for more than 24 hours. Stopnstressinh the little things. You will not be DQ'd for answering that question truthfully (yes I had a beer, okay cool you're over 21.... No I didn't. Okay good)

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Just another word of advice for those who haven't gone to their Medical yet... If you KNOW Your BMI classifies you as obese or overweight. Start dieting and going to the gym at LEAST three times a week if you have time of course. If not, make some time. One thing they tend to catch people on is weight. Kind of messed up I know. But here is my advice:
1) look into a low carb high protein diet. (Atkins diet works wonders)
2) do LOTS of cardio training for a month and minimal weight training.

Robert447

Forum Probie
Hey guys I got my medical Friday and I know guys get hung up on their weight. I'm just worried would they tell me in over weight. I'm 6' 2" and Close to 200lbs and I'm 20 turning 21 in less than a month? My BMI is like 25.7

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys I got my medical Friday and I know guys get hung up on their weight. I'm just worried would they tell me in over weight. I'm 6' 2" and Close to 200lbs and I'm 20 turning 21 in less than a month? My BMI is like 25.7
Hey you'll be fine. My height and weight are exactly the same as yours and I had no issues with weight when I went last month. You can't be over 30 bmi which is about 225-230 for me and you. Your good. Good luck on the rest of the stations bro.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain

Lol dude you should be fine. I'm 5'10" started at 220. They asked me to lose 10% of that in a month. It is VERY doable if you cut some carbs out of your diet and excercise.

Six months later down to 182

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Got the Call at 10 am this morning My list Number is #108x
Took the AM class

Sit tight they are going pretty quick, good luck everyone

July 18th at 9 metro for Paper work ( Benefits, Pension etc)
July 22nd 7 am Fort Totten Uniform fitting
July 25 Metro teck for orientation
July 26 Fort Totten first day of Academy

Last edited:

Twonson

Forum Probie
your call,, but understandably I would call and inquire,
I would wait at least until the end of the day or tomorrow. I'm sure there are a number of people making calls. Unless there is only one person making calls, they can't go exactly in order number by number.