FDNY EMS Candidates

orj91

Forum Probie
surprised more calls haven't gone out. what are they waiting for

EMT6003

Forum Probie
So an outstanding certificate means we are under review for eligibility?

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
So an outstanding certificate means we are under review for eligibility?

Just forget it. Your stressing yourself so much over something so little. Just like Mel said earlier. There are people that were on outstanding cert that were taken in and those not on outstanding cert with the same outcome. Try to focus on the more important things like your CPD, day to day tasks. Etc. Don't stress the little things such as something as an automated system that says one of three-five things

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
What's up guys I got the call on sat, but they couldn't offer me the job till today because of info I forgot to disclose, my list # was 97*
Just forget it. Your stressing yourself so much over something so little. Just like Mel said earlier. There are people that were on outstanding cert that were taken in and those not on outstanding cert with the same outcome. Try to focus on the more important things like your CPD, day to day tasks. Etc. Don't stress the little things such as something as an automated system that says one of three-five things
Exactly I wasn't on an outstanding certification when I was called in fact that system only updates once per week so it's pretty useless I asked my friend that works at hq if she knew anything for u guys waiting for calls today she said a lot of ppl called out and had vacation days today so that might be the reason she said hold tight for tomorrow morning 9am.

Twonson

Forum Probie
Exactly I wasn't on an outstanding certification when I was called in fact that system only updates once per week so it's pretty useless I asked my friend that works at hq if she knew anything for u guys waiting for calls today she said a lot of ppl called out and had vacation days today so that might be the reason she said hold tight for tomorrow morning 9am.
Thanks for the info, I think we're all tweaking over here!

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
Who has the lowest number on 6003 here? Im 08x is anyone lower than me or by me? Id like to stay in touch

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys quick question. I have my medical on Friday the 8th and had like 5 beers on the 4th of July...would that come up on any tests and cause problems? Has anyone else been in this same boat and got through with no problems?

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Hey guys quick question. I have my medical on Friday the 8th and had like 5 beers on the 4th of July...would that come up on any tests and cause problems? Has anyone else been in this same boat and got through with no problems?

Just disclose it

Twonson

Forum Probie
Dude, so not an issue. They only ask what you've eaten and drank in the past 24 hours.

Last edited:

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
hey guys i got my call on Saturday morning. my list number is 97X they give you a lot of info all at once. a bit overwhelming but super excited.

Congrats!

That is true.

Dont forget a pen and paper when they call! You have a lot to write down.
(dates and locations you have to be).

striknthunder

Forum Probie
Congrats!

That is true.

Dont forget a pen and paper when they call! You have a lot to write down.
(dates and locations you have to be).
lol yeah. I woke up to that call. so no pen or paper. But I managed to retain the info. I wonder who else got the call. looks like I'm going to be hitting the gym harder now. class starts the 26

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
lol yeah. I woke up to that call. so no pen or paper. But I managed to retain the info. I wonder who else got the call. looks like I'm going to be hitting the gym harder now. class starts the 26

If you're around the Yonkers area you are more than welcome to tag along with me if you Like :p